What Is My Purpose?

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 06:07 pm
For So long, I have grown up in a strict Irish Catholic Family, yet after about 10 I suddenly grew out of favour of these teachings, which I was fine about until now... I have been dealing with mental health issues lately, and it has made me long for recognition, Purity and Peace. I've tried too hard, I have tried to delude myself into believing there is a God, I hope so bad there is. My purpose isn't to 'Find God' but to find out why I'm here, I just wan't clarity. I wan't someone to hold me spiritually and answer all my questions, Why Does religion divide? Why is religion so hateful? Why are not every type of Man accepted...? Whether Gay or Straight or anything like that... Why Am I here? I'm at the point in my life where I'm questioning my very own reason, Just someone give me advice Smile Thank You Smile

jespah

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 06:26 pm
@ToHaveAndNotToHold20,
Your purpose (whether you give it a religious spin or not is not the point) here is the same as everyone else's.

It's to be kind.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 06:30 pm
Empathy and Kindness go a long way.
ToHaveAndNotToHold20

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:10 pm
@emmett grogan,
I feel that I'm em pathetically disconnected, I feel like in the past I never knew or considering anybody else's feelings due to not understanding or considering my own...
jespah

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:42 pm
@ToHaveAndNotToHold20,
Have you talked to your doctor? I'm serious - I am not a doctor and I am not trying to diagnose you at all, but a disconnect like that can sometimes be a marker of Asperger's. And if it isn't, then there's no harm in talking to your MD.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:44 pm
Universal Unitarian church also ponders such questions.
0 Replies

ToHaveAndNotToHold20

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 04:29 am
@jespah,
Well, I have BPD... I just always have had a different childhood than my cousins, They were like siblings to me... Every-time they visited my Grandmother from England (To Northern Ireland were we lived) I always seemed to be to 'Shocking' one, For Some reason I never quite understood how to act as society tells me... Partly why I disconnected from God...
emmett grogan

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 08:39 am
@ToHaveAndNotToHold20,
Its time to sit down and reconnect to your feelings. As Jessup suggested, it might be a medical condition, see your physician or spiritual leader or a therapist.
ToHaveAndNotToHold20

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:08 am
@emmett grogan,
Thank You... Smile
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 11:32 am
@ToHaveAndNotToHold20,
Quote:
tried to delude myself into believing there is a God,...why I'm here....eWhy Does religion divide? Why is religion so hateful?
To've, as a pantheist I've got a quick'n easy answer to each and every of ur q's

Jus' gimme first most impottnt'n

But please, 20, consider providin' Prof.. F'rinstance, RU esl, RU girl, how old, any Ed? US? etc
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 01:55 pm
@ToHaveAndNotToHold20,
Quote:
For Some reason I never quite understood how to act as society tells me... Partly why I disconnected from God...

Me neither. I decided the problem was society, not God.
Maybe you should reconnect.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Is My Purpose?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 08:03:17