Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 07:44 pm
Sorid,, since Tuss is a cough syrup [ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tuss ], isn't this the easiest crutch of 'em all so far

[I'm not sure whether a2k Mgmt approves the copy of a letter, but name has been ' guised, Sorid bein' a student of word crutches with whom such I often discuss]

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: A.Word.A.Day--antitussive
To: [email protected] [an old fart who apparently doesn't care who else knows...]
This week’s theme
Words related to medicine
antitussive
They have found a cure for....forwarded email, .....on the front page of The New York Times...

No, fasting is not going to cure anyone of .....AIDS. And, no, there’s no pharma conspiracy to suppress.... these easy remedies,.....It’s sisyphean. It’s tiring. So I propose ....Garg’s Law: Do not forward anything you’ve received.... online. First violation would mean...you’re out.

Until that happens....enjoy ....words related to medicine...antitussive

PRONUNCIATION:
(an-tee-TUHS-iv, an-ty-)

MEANING:
adjective: Suppressing or relieving coughing.
noun: Something that suppresses or relieves coughing.

A2k Guys yes, I know what you're gonna say, this fella who's coughin', there's a reaction, of a very common kind, by the way, showin' just below...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 234 • Replies: 2

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:09 am
As often is the case dale, I must ask, "What in the blue blazes are you going on about?" .
dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:48 am
@Sturgis,
Sorry Stur, I f'get 'bout the esl. In effect I was explaining what's meant by 'word crutch,' and how remembering the meaning of 'antitussive' is a typical example
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Antitussive
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:05:22