Dimebag Darrell of Pantera shot and killed

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:18 am
Some insane moron ran on stage as Dimebag's band Damageplan was playing, pulled out a gun, then shot and killed Darrell. He murdered three other people before he was gunned down by police.

This is unbelieveable. I grew up listening to Dimebag's guitar playing. He's always been a part of my musical roots. I'm completely shocked. Absolutely shocked. This is such a tragic loss. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for all the chunky guitar riffs, Dimebag. You will be remembered and terribly missed. Rest in peace!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 995 • Replies: 9
No top replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:37 am
is this for real???? man, that's just too f**ked up! what in the world brings this stuuf on???
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:43 am
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20041209/D86S28LO0.html It's for real, and he will be sorely missed. Sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:26 am
man that sucks bad.....and we'll probably not know why because the ass hole is dead...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:38 am
They are doing a nice tribute to Dimebag on Stern right now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:42 am
I didn't know his music, but this sucks really bad.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:32 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
man that sucks bad.....and we'll probably not know why because the **** is dead...

not like it should bear saying, but I was speaking of the asshole who did the shooting....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:33 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't know his music, but this sucks really bad.

hi edgar. darrel was one of the first speed metal shredders (i.e. a really fast and furious style of rock guitar that generally places as much value on playing good notes as it does the number of them). they even put out a "beginner's guitar/amp setup and a wah-wah pedal with his name on it.

who knows, bear? you work the clubs, ya know with some people it doesn't take much, if anything, to set them off. at least the sob won't be shooting anybody else anytime soon. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:34 pm
I will hunt down the investigation news clip.
but apparently.. it was over a """look he gave"""
>sigh<
0 Replies

Pantera-1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:29 am
Dime Bag
Dude this sucks ass. Dime Bag was a hero 2 me. He is the 1 who inspired me to start music. Ive already balled my eyes out. But u got to suck up. he was like my dad. I Cant Beleave this happend. Man no. DUDE REST PEACE. ILL BE THERE SOME DAY RRIP DIME BAG DARREL.
0 Replies