The chicken or the egg? The world decides.

Stinger

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 02:05 pm
Which came first?

The chicken, or the egg?

It's an age old question, that frankly, I'm getting a little tired of people asking. So, once and for all, let's decide. Let us put this question to bed.

Since we have the advantage of poll voting on this site, and a collection of the world's greatest minds.....well, at least we have the ability to set up a poll, now is the perfect opportunity to let the people of the world have their say on this matter.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, please cast your votes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,957 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 02:10 pm
The answer to this should be obvious to any educated man (and many of the wimmins, as well, despite the sadly useless effort to educate them)--feathers were originally a fashion statement by small dinosaurs attempting to get noticed in a world of hulking behemoths. Chickenization, the natural result, took place much later--ergo, ipso facto, sozyeroldman, the egg came first.

And, don't worry, Boss, we only shoot foreigners with towels on their heads . . . for now . . .
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 02:13 pm
For now.......gulp!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:47 pm
I am forced to agree with the meat of Setanta's argument - despite the gratuitous insults.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....in fact, I was about to write it meself when I discovered he already had.

I wish he would stop pre-stalking me in this egregious and gas-lighting manner....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:47 pm
Of course, eggs are not capable of coming........heeeeheeeeeeeee.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:48 pm
Just a small yolk.....
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 04:00 pm
I agree with Setanta. Birds originate from the flying reptiles, and reptiles started laying eggs long before the first chicken appeared. So, the egg was first.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:53 am
Bunnies lay eggs as well, apparently. Just ask any American kid about Easter if this were not the case. So, howza about it, Cunning Coney? Have you pondered this latterly? (<very obscure pun)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:23 am
I though an egg was a baby chicken!
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 01:08 pm
Early reports suggest, that the egg is ahead in the poll.....

Watch this space for updates.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 01:19 pm
Hmm, I see, we have here two parties already. In meantime "Eggists" lead, but everything is very volatile: if yesterday "Chickenists" constituted zero percent, today they are already eleven percent, having multiplied their representation infinite number of times...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 02:53 pm
If you are an evolutionist, the egg came first. Something that was not a chicken laid a mutated egg, which hatched a chicken.

If you are a creationist, the chicken came first. God created all the animals, including chickens, which then laid eggs.

Actually I think it is generally accepted that Milton Berle laid the first egg.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 02:53 pm
Rabbits are mammals - not monotremes - Bunnies are definitely mammals.

AND we can reabsorb our young if stressed - if REALLY stressed we can do it post-natally............SETANTA!

Hey - maybe I should start a "Do you open your egg at the big or small end?" thread - the dispute that brought Lilliput and Blefescu down.....
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:07 pm
And what if I open it in the middle?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:08 pm
Infidel ! ! ![/color][/i]
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:08 pm
Bunnies are mammals??? Oh, my God, I was sure that they were bacteria (not the pathogenic ones, though).
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:10 pm
Oh, I see, Setanta declares jihad on me...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:13 pm
Goody! I have sown the seeds of discord and destruction already!

Steissd - you are not immune from re-absorbtion, you know! Don't provoke the Bunny! Jihad, you ain't SEEN Jihad.....you oughta see what we done to a whole CONTINENT....
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:13 pm
i thought everybody knew the omelet came first.....
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:15 pm
Beati pacifici. Pueo, IMHO, found an answer that will satisfy everyone, and will remove casus belli
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The chicken or the egg? The world decides.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:39:05