From Realtime Politics, Trump is cooked

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 04:37 pm
Trump’s Approval Rating Dips DEEP Into Impeachment Territory, He’s FINISHED!

8 HOURS AGO

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 448 • Replies: 4
No top replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 07:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump’s Approval Rating Dips DEEP Into Impeachment Territory, He’s FINISHED!

8 HOURS AGO

What do you think?

I wouldn't count any chickens.But the Grand Jury that Mueller put together ain't no joke. And Mueller's investigative team? 36 people strong - 16 high powered lawyers and the rest investigators or special agents. I'm not counting any chickens, but it sure looks like Mueller is determined to find out if there's anything criminal about 45's Russia ties and financial dealings.

Also, I heard that congress is talking about passing bipartisan legislation designed specifically to prevent Trump from dismissing Mueller.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 07:33 pm
More info about his team of 16 lawyers. Among their ranks are experts in
- White Collar Crime
-Organized Crime
-Money Laundering
-Cybersecurity
Also, a
- Russian linguist
and a
-Former Watergate Prosecutor

More reason to think Mueller is not fooling around.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 09:02 pm
I don't know if you recall it, but not quite 44 years ago, Nixon "fired" the Watergate prosecutor, Archibald Cox. This lead Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to resign, and was known as the Saturday Night Massacre. A poll conducted the next day determined that a majority of those polled favored impeaching Nixon. Nixon resigned rather than face impeachment and a trial before the Senate, on August 8, 1974--not quite 43 years ago.

On that Saturday night, Cox issued a statement: "Whether ours shall continue to be a government of laws and not of men is now for Congress and ultimately the American people [to decide]." Source at The New York Times, October 21, 1973.

I can think of nothing more delightful than that President Plump would attempt to fire Mueller. Less than a month after the Saturday Night Massacre, a Federal District judge found that firing Cox was illegal without a finding of extraordinary impropriety.

Come on, Plump, do it, do it!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm
@Setanta,
There's a good possibility - if as in the past, he ignores the advise from his lawyers. Trump has proven enough times that he's ignorant about the US Constitution.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » From Realtime Politics, Trump is cooked
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:18:04