Laundry loses my sheets

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:41 am
I use a "fluff and fold" laundry service--which occasionally loses things. I'm mostly concerned about my sheets. How can I protect myself? Any other suggestions?

jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:45 am
@RichardOJohnson,
Try another laundry service or wash them yourself? Razz
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:49 am
@RichardOJohnson,
Do your own laundry, either buy a washing machine or put them in the machines at the launderette yourself.

I used to go to the one next to my local pub, stick the wash on, have a beer, use the drier, have another beer or a coke if I was driving, and then it's done.

Sorry if it's not much help, but laundry services like a lot of things are subject to human error, and them losing the odd item is just part of life.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 09:06 am
When I was 16 I got a summer job in a steam laundry in West Norwood. These were common up to the 1970s. The laundry came in big bags, and I unloaded them into a huge drum. Each bag had a ticket tied to it saying who the customer was. They had a contract with West End hotels. You had to count the items in and out. Sometimes things got stuck in the drum and ended up in a different bag at the end. You would not believe what filthy pigs stay in expensive hotels. Or maybe you would. Underpants and sheets with skid marks. Or other marks.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Laundry loses my sheets
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:10:36