Love with your best friend

MELK

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 02:10 am
Hey guys! So here's my problem I have a guy best friend since childhood and we're like really close and he tells me everything.. So last year I had my final year in highschool and I started falling for him and I felt that he started falling for me.. Like he shows a lot of interest in me , always asks me whether I like someone or not.. So yeah I did fall in love with him but I never said anything about it. This year is our first in college and we went to the same city abroad ( not the same college though ) so we got even closer.. But the thing is that he does not like me anymore more than a friend , he always tells me about his crushes and his relationships like with details , and right now he's like really into a girl and he talks about her all the time. For me I am still in love with him , deeper than last year I suppose so its a real struggle for me. How do I get over him? Sad and can you guys please answer me ? :/

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 08:06 am
@MELK,
Spend less time with him. Right now, you're his relationship complaints receptacle. Stop letting that happen.

This means when he wants to hang out, over 50% (over 75% would be even better) of the time, you have other plans. What other plans? Here are a few suggestions:
  • Studying
  • Exercise
  • Playing a sport for the school
  • Chores like laundry or cleaning or buying food if you need to
  • Spending time with other friends (female or male)
  • Getting some rest (a lot of college students don't get enough)
  • Exploring the city
  • A hobby (painting, knitting, whatever)
  • An activity at school (drama club, honor society, the robotics club, chapel, whatever interests you)
Or you're out on a date. And you can be, if you do other things which are not hanging around with him and listening to him whine, and open yourself up to meeting other people.
MELK

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 04:04 pm
@jespah,
That sounds good but wouldn't I be risking our friendship ?
jespah

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 04:06 pm
@MELK,
A true friend will understand if you're not available 24/7.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Love with your best friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.59 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:11:54