Enlarging the Print- Why Does it Only Work On Some Pages?

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 05:26 am
A couple of days ago, I was operated on both my eyes. They are a bit swollen and runny, and my near vision is not what it should be.

So, I had an idea. I normally have my text size on my computer set to "medium". I changed it to "largest", thinking that it would be easier for me to read while my eyes are healing. Looking at regular sized print gives me major league eyestrain.

Then I discovered that changing the font size only works on some web pages, and not others. A2K is one of the sites where it doesn't work. Sad

Why do some pages respond to the command to enlarge the print, while others don't?

Oh BTW, I already have the computer set at 800X600 on the control panel, so there is no way that I can make the print larger from that end!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 673 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Kedge

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 06:53 am
I'm not too sure, I'd imagine that it is down to the fact that certain sites specify that they want the font to be displayed at a particular size. Using CSS etc...

Oh, and I hope your eyes get better soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 08:32 am
My computer shows many sites the same size they would be on a smaller monitor. I have no good answer why.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
A WWW site operator can imbed formatting information in the site code that instructs your PC on how to disply the text (i.e. font size, color, etc..). Some sites do this, others don't.

To force control over it yourself, if you are using Internet Explorer, go to "Tools", "Internet Options". Then, at the bottom of the window click on the "Accessibility" button. In the small window that pops up check off the "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages" option and save the new settings.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 10:24 am
Fishin'- Thank you sooo much. Now I am going to have to make the font size smaller. This is HUGE!!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 02:10 pm
You can also use the Magnifier accessibility tool that is available on many Windows platforms. Usually Start->Programs->Accessories->Accesibility->Magnifier.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:56 pm
Works for me too. Thanks, folks.
0 Replies