DO YOU FIND POWER OR AN EXTRA STRENGHT IN MUSIC?

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 02:55 pm
Do you find a power in music? EX. When your down and depressed when you turn on the radio to find your fave song playing do your spirits suddenly lift do you find a strength in what you hear?

AND IF YOU DO FIND A POWER OR EXTRA STRENGTH IN MUSIC WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC IS IT OR WHAT IS THE SONG THAT CAN ALWAYS GIVE YOU THAT EXTRA BOOST?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 624 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 08:26 am
Well yes - I'm not sure it's always a power for good but it definitely is mood altering.

There is no particular type of music, nor is there a particular emotion that is boosted. I have songs that make me cry, make me scream, make me hate and make love. But I really like the ones that give me shivers. Oh, baby.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 08:31 am
Absolutely. There is music that had brought me to tears, others where I have experienced ecstasy. Tchaikovsky's Symphony #4 will do it for me all the time!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 08:31 am
I open circle to Native American fusion music. It gets me going, gets my energy moving and makes great meditation music.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 08:36 am
The human brain derives emotional sustenance from harmonics of all kinds;
be it the extreme elegance of mathematics, the blended vistas of a natural landscape, or the blended sonority of a musical composition.

[it only has to be 'good', to be good.]
0 Replies

SweetChavita

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 02:29 pm
well really all music i love but the one that can inflect the most on me as in sadness or to make me cry is jazz and clasical.... but to get my spirts flowing its always salsa n my native latin music

thanx for responding everyone keep responding i like to hear watchaz think
0 Replies