CBD Oil. Do you use it?

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 07:30 pm
My daughter decided I need this stuff. I accepted a bottle she bought me. Without really understanding what good it could do me, I took a few doses. I think three so far. I read there are no serious side effects. Thing is, it makes me itch. I took a dose a little late yesterday and itched all over as I tried to sleep. I took a dose this morning to test the itch and sure enough the itch returned.

Took this from a site:
Within the swiftly growing cannabis oil industry is a new category of products seeing its own equally rapid rise in popularity: cannabidiol hemp oil, or CBD hemp oil.

These highly demanded hemp derived products are available for purchase online and delivery straight to your door, or at retailers in all 50 states and over 40 countries around the world.

CBD hemp oil is made from high-CBD, low-THC hemp, unlike medical marijuana products, which are usually made from plants with high concentrations of psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Because hemp contains only trace amounts of THC, these hemp oil products are non-psychoactive.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is just one of over 85 cannabinoids presently identified in the cannabis plant and is the second most abundant cannabinoid in marijuana after THC. In hemp, however, THC is only present in trace amounts, while CBD dominates the plant’s makeup. CBD interacts with our naturally occurring systems, but is non-psychotropic, it doesn’t cause a high. This makes it a safer, less controversial alternative, while still offering significant health benefits.

CBD interacts with the body through the endogenous cannabinoid system (ECS) or endocannabinoid system. First discovered in the late 1980’s, the endocannabinoid system regulates the body’s homeostasis, or general state of balance, impacting such functions as mood, sleep, appetite, hormone regulation, and pain and immune response. Like an acrobat on a highwire, as the environment around us impacts our normal balance, the endocannabinoid system “corrects” by mediating our body’s reaction to keep us level.

Found in all mammals, the endocannabinoid system is made up of millions of cannabinoid receptor sites located primarily throughout the brain and central nervous system (CB1 receptors) and immune system (CB2 receptors) that act in neural communication.

However, the endocannabinoid system doesn’t simply rely on plant-based cannabinoids, or phytocannabinoids. The human body is capable of making its own cannabinoids. Similar in function to CBD, Anandamide and 2-AG are the body’s own endocannabinoids, created to control communication between cells, mediating your body’s functions.

It’s clear that the endocannabinoid system is one of the most important regulatory systems in the human body, but most people do very little to support the health of this system, because cannabinoids have not been part of the average diet.

http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/what-is-cbd-hemp-oil/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,158 • Replies: 16
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you personally discover any benefits?
edgarblythe

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 08:40 pm
@roger,
Only had three doses. The only benefit I noticed so far is when the itching stops.
Sturgis

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 08:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
There could also be a benefit to the manufacturers of calamine lotion and hydrocortisone ointments for their bottom line.

As to the product. CBD oil, I had not heard of it prior to this.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 09:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks. I was offered the stuff from a company I've done business with, but their literature wasn't clear on why I would want to pay for it.
edgarblythe

Mon 3 Jul, 2017 09:15 pm
@roger,
My daughter uses it, but she didn't tell me specifically what it does for her. I started this thread because I hoped some users could enlighten me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 01:14 am
This stuff is brilliant for skin irritations, rashes, cuts, abrasions etc. I've not found anything better.

http://media.discovermine.com/images/view/28481643-8020-434b-9df1-bed395bbc7af/blog/?r=0.4728122453345851
roger

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 01:37 am
@izzythepush,
That's interesting, especially since I hadn't heard of the stuff till a couple of months ago.
izzythepush

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:16 am
@roger,
I don't know if it's the same stuff Ed is talking about but it really works. I first came across it in the Cannabis shop at Glastonbury.

http://l450v.alamy.com/450v/c3t6p7/hemp-shop-in-glastonbury-england-c3t6p7.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:43 am
Plus is the brand name of the product I have. A dose is two small squirts into the mouth.
https://pluscbdoil.com/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:58 am
@edgarblythe,
CBD oil is plant-based. Like other plant-based products, some people experience allergic reactions to it. If you're itching as a result of using it orally, you will want to be cautious. Food allergies are nothing to ignore.

If you are going to continue to use it, make sure you have some extra-strength Benadryl on hand. Seriously.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 07:03 am
@ehBeth,
I have been itching from unrelated causes of late. In retrospect, it may not be related to the CBD oil. I am experimenting by monitoring the itches before and after taking a dose.
ehBeth

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 07:17 am
@edgarblythe,
Be very cautious about adding anything new to your regimen if you are experiencing itching from unknown sources.

It is also possible that you may need a blood work-up. There are some significant illnesses that are diagnosed following the onset of itching.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 07:19 am
@ehBeth,
The source of itching prior to taking the oil is not unknown to me. I just don't intend to enter it into the the thread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 04:59 am
Yesterday I took the dose less than thirty minutes prior to bed time, to test the itch idea some more. This time it had no effect. So the one time may or may not have had any relation to the itching.
I am not taking any medicine right now, prescribed or otherwise, so I don't mind experimenting with the CBD stuff.
glitterbag

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 05:24 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree with Ehbeth, keep some heavy duty amounts of Benadryl around.....just in case the itching becomes intense or if you get hives or notice any swelling. It might be nothing, but please be careful.
edgarblythe

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 05:25 am
@glitterbag,
I always have Benadryl on hand. I rarely use it but I could if I wanted to.
0 Replies