Should I ask her out?

TheMark

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:04 pm
So I met a girl at the end of this school year, and this school year is now over so we only have contact over snapchat. She sends almost every morning and night a "good morning" and a "good night" snap, but this is (probably) nothing special. Recently I sent her a snap with a very subtile hint that I like her. She replayed that snap so she probably saw it. And the next day she sent me a snap saying she had a nice time with a guy named Luke, but it looked like it was not anything special I should worry about. Maybe she wanted to make me a bit jealous because she might know that I like her.
And also when she sends something, I (sometimes) reply by telling a little joke about it. Then she responds with "hahaha [something...]", is this a good sign? Because as far as I know "hahaha" is way better than just "haha".

So is there a possibility that she wants me to ask her out? I really want to but I don't have the confidence to just "yolo what does it matter", and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks already and sorry for my English if it's bad...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 430 • Replies: 8

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:05 pm
@TheMark,
Yes. Ask her out. You'll regret it if you don't.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:44 pm
@TheMark,
TheMark wrote:
Because as far as I know "hahaha" is way better than just "haha".

It's way way better. Ask her out.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:53 pm
@TheMark,
Mark,

You shouldn't put all your feelings in one basket. Not every girl will be a good match. So don't be afraid of rejection. All rejection means is she's not a good match. 90% if not more of the public will never be a good match for you. So you should expect nor hope that every interaction with girls will turn out in your favor. She is not your ONLY chance at love.

If you can switch your mindset to this kind of thinking then it should be no big deal to ask girls out face to face. Eventually, statistically speaking you will HAVE to stumble upon a girl that is either a good match or decent one. It's the math of numbers and probability. You just need to change your mind on how you view rejection. It's a good thing. Doesn't mean you are a terrible person, it just means she doesn't view you as a good match. Okay then move on to find a girl who'll say yes, you are a good match for her. They exist!
centrox

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 04:00 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
So don't be afraid of rejection.

Way to encourage a guy? I say she likes him.
0 Replies

TheMark

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 01:54 pm
I asked it this afternoon and she responded with "uhm... Idk". I first thought this would turn into a no later. But she never really said yes or no so I still don't know what it is. But about an hour ago she sent me a selfie of herself and a friend of her. Something she has never done before so maybe she wants to say something with that snap?

What should I do now? Ask her if she has already decided yet or do I already have an answer without me realising it?
centrox

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:05 pm
Personally I would drop it. Life is too short to be playing guessing games. Anything short of an explicit and clear "yes" means "no".

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:19 pm
@TheMark,
Ah well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm with centrox. I think this is going to turn out to be a no.

This is also the way you build confidence, by the way. You try and see what works and whether you are reading signals at all correctly. You take chances and you grow.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:27 pm
When I was 19 I got on very well with a girl, to the extent that I was sure it was a good idea to ask her out. I did so, and she said "I don't think so, Centrox". Well, that isn't my real name, but you get the idea. I was upset and confused because I felt I had read the situation correctly, but I told myself "No means no. Don't pester her". I moved on and 3 years later I met her in a bar. She had left town but was back on a visit. She said "You know, I really fancied you back then." I said "But I asked you out and you said 'no'.". She replied "I wanted to see how hard you would try". I was so disgusted I turned on my heel and left, leaving the drink she had bought me untouched on the bar. I hate people who play around like that. Also I thought "if she would mess me about even before we started dating, what games would she have played once it got going?"

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I ask her out?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:23:10