Does she like me, even as a friend

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:18 am
OK so there is someone in my life that I feel very close too. Currently we WhatsApp most days and share most things with each other. But our relationship is almost entirely WhatsApp based

I first met her about 1.5 yrs ago and we got on very well. We would text every so often (not daily though). After summer break we became much closer and would lunch together every week or so and text most days. We also met up a few times on weekends

I told her I fancied her about 4 months ago and she said she didn't feel the same way. She friend-zoned me and said she thought it was a bit awkward. Anyway, for the next month or so I found it almost impossible to talk to her. She would reply with 1 or 2 words and wouldn't develop any conversations. She didn't want to meet up for lunch at uni or meet up any time outside of uni....

Slowly though we started talking again, and since about April time we've been texting most days again...she has come to me for help a few times (with personal matters) and I feel she is normally quite open with me...

However....the reason I am doubting the friendships is
1) she basically still never wants to meet up with me. Since Feb I think I've actually only seen her 4 or 5 times in person and once on skype. We were planning a theatre trip and she said lets book on the w/e. So I messaged her on the w/e to say do you wanna book and she said "too tired...lets do another day". Next w/e I asked again, same response but she said she'd get back to me the next day. 2 weeks later she still hadn't messaged so I asked her again and we ended up booking...but I think she was just fed up with me asking rather than actually wanting to go

2) most of our chats aren't about anything particualrly deep...but the few times I do open up to her she often dissapears in the middle of the convo without saying she needs to go. She's fallen asleep at least 3 times in the middle of a convo and just said "oopps fell alseep" the next day. She sometimes also sends replies to messages as though she hasn't actually bothered to read what I wrote. After one exam I did, I messed up a question and she basically replied "oh haha fair enough".

I don't know though if I am being entirely unfair to her. I still really really like her and normally those things wouldn't bother me at all. I probably wouldn't even notice them! But with her, I notice them and it upsets me

I've thought about telling her I can't deal with being just friends but the idea makes me too upset (I literally cry when I run through the conversation I would have with her in my head)

So, does she like me as a friend or is this more of a sympathy relationship (texting is much less effort than meeting up with someone)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 344 • Replies: 1

centrox

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:46 am
@jsmith613,
jsmith613 wrote:
is this more of a sympathy relationship (texting is much less effort than meeting up with someone)

This.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does she like me, even as a friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 10:49:02