I hate winter....I hate winter....

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 07:01 am
I hate Summer, I hate Summer. OR at least, Australian Summers. I just came up/down to the country visit my family, wnd it's so hot it's hard to move. We'll go swimming, though, which is always nice. It's 11pm here, and it's too hot to sleep.

I always love winters, especially in countries where you get snow. Pessy, what's the problem with not being able to get to work? Smile It sounds like a fine excuse to pull a sickie Wink

lol Brooke, love the picture.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 07:02 am
Our weather has been fluctuating it seems like. On day it's freezing, the next it's +18. One or the other would be nice, i've already had one cold, don't need another. I wish I was where you all are.....heat.....uhhhhh.......(dreaming of laying on a nice hot beach drinkin' a cold one!)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 10:13 am
Lady J wrote:
Eva wrote:
I'm in Oklahoma, and the winters are a little weird. We get about 7" of snow annually, in two or three storms. A week or two of single-digit temps, and wind to go with it. Verrrrrry cold. But then, we usually have a warm spell in the middle of the winter (January) where the temps hit 60 or 70 for a couple of weeks. Confuses the plants & trees, but it gives us some relief. Then it's back to teens and 20s.

Tonight is our first cold night. May get down to 35 or so. Our first freeze is due soon.

Oh Lordy...I'm moving there in January! I'm gonna be in deep doodoo methinks! Confused

I was mistaken. I thought the forecast for last night was 35, but it was 25. We had our first freeze.

You're moving here in January? Maybe you'll get lucky, and we'll have one of those warm spells while you're moving! Where in Oklahoma will you live? I'm in Tulsa. The eastern half of the state is beautiful.

You gotta be tough to endure the weather in Oklahoma. Temperatures range from 0 to 105 every year, and there are sometimes very rapid temperature changes. And there's always wind. We definitely have all four seasons. But there are also incredibly blue skies and lots of sunshine year 'round.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 10:26 am
Eva wrote:
Lady J wrote:
Eva wrote:
I'm in Oklahoma, and the winters are a little weird. We get about 7" of snow annually, in two or three storms. A week or two of single-digit temps, and wind to go with it. Verrrrrry cold. But then, we usually have a warm spell in the middle of the winter (January) where the temps hit 60 or 70 for a couple of weeks. Confuses the plants & trees, but it gives us some relief. Then it's back to teens and 20s.

Tonight is our first cold night. May get down to 35 or so. Our first freeze is due soon.

Oh Lordy...I'm moving there in January! I'm gonna be in deep doodoo methinks! Confused

I was mistaken. I thought the forecast for last night was 35, but it was 25. We had our first freeze.

You're moving here in January? Maybe you'll get lucky, and we'll have one of those warm spells while you're moving! Where in Oklahoma will you live? I'm in Tulsa. The eastern half of the state is beautiful.

You gotta be tough to endure the weather in Oklahoma. Temperatures range from 0 to 105 every year. And there's always wind. We definitely have all four seasons. But there are also incredibly blue skies and lots of sunshine year 'round.

My fiance told me this morning it was pretty darn cold there! Yikes!

I'll be in Edmond, just north of OKC. But we might actually get an opportunity to meet sometime, Eva! My fiance's family lives a ways north of Tulsa outside of a very small town named Grove. He was just passing through Tulsa this morning on his way to his folks place. He's actually going to try to get in a game of disc golf in Tulsa on his way back this afternoon. Smile

I'll definitely be loving the summers there...hmmm..may go into hibernaton come winter! Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 01:04:56