I hate winter....I hate winter....

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:07 am
Guess who's vehicle didn't start and now they're late for work? Yep, you guessed it.....ME! Isn't winter grand?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,371 • Replies: 23
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
Yeah........winter sure IS grand Mad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/345.jpg

Hope your day gets better!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:49 am
I hate it too, and that's why I am in southern California Wink

Nevertheless, I hope you'll have a mild winter.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:53 am
Me too. Hate it. That's why I left Chicago and moved to Georgia.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:56 am
Yeah, that's also why I moved to Orlando...then I moved back to New York. What a f*cking idiot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:57 am
If any of you lived in Houston you would eagerly await the cooler weather. Our temp varies from sweltering to roasting about nine of the twelve months. The other three we get into the thirties a number of times, but never any snow, rarely any hail. Right now the banana trees in my front yard still are green with new curls of leaves poking out at the top.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:01 am
Just talked with a friend who moved to NYC a few months ago. She too is originally from Chi. I couldn't resist asking her about the cold weather and how she was enjoying THAT again. Laughing
She's not.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:04 am
Don't mean to gloat, standup.

Brooke, I loved that picture, and from Ezra Pound:

ANCIENT MUSIC
Ezra Pound (b. 1885-)
Winter is icumen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm,
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm.
So 'gainst the winter's balm
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm,
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMN.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:11 am
Hmm. I love winter. Not only do I not get migraine, I get to wear cool animal skins. Mind you, I am Canadian. Sadly, our weather is unseasonably warm this year.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:34 am
High of -6 C. today. We had the first snow Monday, and it's going to stick around. A low of -15 C tonight.

Sending it your way, Cav.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:37 am
Nice mckenzie. It's all about contrast isn't it? So it's bitchingly cold, but then you get to come home to central heating, maybe a fire, TV, and a scrumptious stew cooking on the stove, even if it might be out of a can.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:55 am
I love winter.
We're supposed to get snow in the next 24 hours.
I'm happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:03 pm
Due to El Nino's return, we are not supposed to get much of a winter 'til January. I'm not complaining mind you, I hate the cold.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:55 pm
I hate winter too.

I normally feel empty with the cold and the short days... what's with the sun setting at 5:00? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:22 pm
I don't mind winter. I do hate summer when it gets up to 90 degrees with plenty of humidity...on these days I wish it were winter Smile
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:29 pm
Come to Phoenix! 70 degees today, about 45 right now. Summer can be bad for newcomers, but a swimming pool and a cold beer takes care of that nicely.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:05 am
I don't do winters well at all, even being in California. Not southern California like CJ though. The cold absolutely kills me. I would LOVE Houston or Arizona in all honesty. anything above 85 and I finally start to feel the warmth!

Does anyone know what the winters in Oklahoma are like?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:34 am
I'm in Oklahoma, and the winters are a little weird. We get about 7" of snow annually, in two or three storms. A week or two of single-digit temps, and wind to go with it. Verrrrrry cold. But then, we usually have a warm spell in the middle of the winter (January) where the temps hit 60 or 70 for a couple of weeks. Confuses the plants & trees, but it gives us some relief. Then it's back to teens and 20s.

Tonight is our first cold night. May get down to 35 or so. Our first freeze is due soon.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:46 am
Eva wrote:
I'm in Oklahoma, and the winters are a little weird. We get about 7" of snow annually, in two or three storms. A week or two of single-digit temps, and wind to go with it. Verrrrrry cold. But then, we usually have a warm spell in the middle of the winter (January) where the temps hit 60 or 70 for a couple of weeks. Confuses the plants & trees, but it gives us some relief. Then it's back to teens and 20s.

Tonight is our first cold night. May get down to 35 or so. Our first freeze is due soon.

Oh Lordy...I'm moving there in January! I'm gonna be in deep doodoo methinks! Confused
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:53 am
Not all winters are created equal.

I lived in the Chicago area for several years, and hate the winters there. Damp, windy, cold, and you never see the sun or blue sky for weeks at a time.

Denver winters are a joy. You see the sun and blue sky most days of the week. It's nice and dry, so even when the weather is cold it's easy to stay warm if you dress properly. It snows once a week or so, just to keep things interesting, but it's always gone in a few days.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I hate winter....I hate winter....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 11:36:32