How to heal the hurt of teeth extraction faster?

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 07:25 pm
Hi forums,
I feel upset recently, for I have my teeth exract while the hurt doesn't heal quickly. Is there anyone have some recipes to help me?
Thanks.

Krumple

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 07:28 pm
@Sarararah,
Sarararah wrote:

Hi forums,
I feel upset recently, for I have my teeth exract while the hurt doesn't heal quickly. Is there anyone have some recipes to help me?
Thanks.

the nyquil sore throat relief works. But what you do is put it in your mouth on the gums where the extration was. What happens is there is a numbing agent in that specific medication used to coat sore throat for relief. It can make your gum line numb, tingly and reduce the pain some what. It works well but tastes awful. You don't need to ingest it. Just hold it in your mouth until your extration point is well coated.
jespah

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 07:47 pm
Plus ice the area. Put ice cubes into a zipper bag and apply to the side of your face as needed.
Sarararah

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:36 am
@jespah,
Thanks for your advice, I'll try it.
0 Replies

Sarararah

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:39 am
@Krumple,
I haven't hurt that kind of medicine. What does it look like?
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
@Sarararah,
Vodka! It won't ease the pain, but you won't care.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 01:13 pm
I use clove oil for minor localized numbing and pain relief. It comes in emergency dental care kits found at a lot of groceries and pharmacies. Health food stores often sell it on its own.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:18 pm
I usually get a pill from the dentist in case I need one. But I have had very few teeth extracted - two or three
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 06:36 pm
@Sarararah,
Opioids
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 08:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know you're just trying to be a clown so Ill just let it pass...

Tylenol (Extra Strength helped me with major oral surgery).
I wouldn't recommend anything stronger no matter WHAT the docs are pushing. Id stay away from all the Oxy's, they are very quick in initiating dependency
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
Don't let it pass because I wasn't kidding.

Of course opioids can be abused and if taken over a period of time they will lead to dependency, but for the short term management of moderate to severe pain they are excellent.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 03:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
and doctors an PA's "push" em with impunity.

I unerwent surgery in April. It was not a biggy but it took long.. When I came out of recovery and for the next day and a hqlf (my total length of stay). I was accosted by "Oxy this and Oxy that. There were nurses, PA's and two key surgeons all of whom were ready to dose me at my request.
They even carried the Oxy doses in little cups, presuming I would say"hit me". The pain management I used was two tylenols for the first day, nd nothing after that.

The surgery was lprocopic o the pqin was sharp for th first day and becoming less severe after that until three days at home, I was already bqck doing my daily creek hikes.

The point is, "severe pain" is pretty much something weve created a drug for before we even assess what severity even means.

Do we know how much of this opioid problem weve seemingly created is due to "pusher Physicians"?
Course thats my opinion from an admittedly small data base (like your assessment of JW's)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
There is medical research that a failure to manage post-operative pain prolongs the recovery period.

You accused me of being touchy, but it seems you frequently view interactions with people who you can't possibly know mean you harm as accosting you. It appears my use of the term curmudgeon was quite appropriate in your case.

Everyone has different pain thresholds.

My oldest son, as an infant and toddler, used to get raging ear infections. We eventually learned that his threshold is high and took him to the doctor as soon as we saw him tugging at his ear.

My daughter would wail about the pain in her ear and when we took her to the same doctor he would say "It's a little red"

When Ebola came to the US there was no shortage of people in this forum telling us we had to trust doctors on their judgment of the risk. I don't recall where you fell on the matter, but that was the government's position, and now the government is telling us we can't trust the judgment of doctors who prescribe narcotics.

Of course there are doctors who push these drugs for financial gain and the government's response should be to identify and take them out of practice, not to restrict the ability of all doctors to treat their patients as they believe is appropriate. At the same time patients shouldn't be considered helpless fools at the mercy of evil doctors. There is an element of personal responsibility here.

There is an apt adage about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 05:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have no knowledge about "govt warnings about overprescription of pain meds that are opioid. Interesting.
If you feel Im being touchy, well Ill take yer word for it.

Quote:
but it seems you frequently view interactions with people who you can't possibly know mean you harm as accosting you
I hve no idea what your even talking about with this one. If I have no idea they mean me harm, yet I say their accosting me, I guess Im not the touchy one. Atsa my jolliness coming through. Do you mean accost as in greeting?
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 05:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
There is medical research that a failure to manage post-operative pain prolongs the recovery period.
I would imagine, but post-op drug dependency can **** up ones entire life. Ill take the extra coupla weeks on tylenol , it may not be as strong but I wont be OD;ing on it when I graduate to hits of Smack n fentenol
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 06:01 pm
Mmm. I had two breast cancer surgeries, (thank you, I'm fine, one boob is a bit smaller, kinda funny even to me), where opiods were offered.

First episode, I drove away from my friend/business partner's house, after the wedding, with my purse on top of my car; the purse was found with my opiods in it. (I was either tipsy or it was my usual peripheral vision problem, or a combo.) I got a call, and a woman a mile or two away found the purse on her lawn (not sure of that detail, now years ago) was glad to find me and gave me my purse, all fine but the pills were gone. I assume the person who found the purse in the street in front of my partner & husband's house nabbed them and tossed the purse.

I didn't miss the opiods, didn't even take aspirin.

Episode 2, the surgeon went in again since that first one left the iffy formation too close to the margins, whatever that means. I take it was on the fast side. The 2nd surgery was much more serioso and also involved checking the signal lymph node. I got the opiodes, didn't use them. Might or might now have taken one.
Bonnie drove up from the Bay Area, stayed with me overnight after making me chicken soup.

My problem now? I've still got those pill bottles, but don't know how to get rid of them wisely. Advice?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 07:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I have no knowledge about "govt warnings about overprescription of pain meds that are opioid. Interesting.

Talk to a doctor. He or she will tell you that the feds have put in place a lot of regulations that have made it more difficult for them to prescribe opioids

Quote:
but it seems you frequently view interactions with people who you can't possibly know mean you harm as accosting you
I hve no idea what your even talking about with this one. If I have no idea they mean me harm, yet I say their accosting me, I guess Im not the touchy one. Atsa my jolliness coming through. Do you mean accost as in greeting?
[/quote]

You brought up the JW thread here, and in that thread you complained of JW's accosting you; now you're complaining of doctors and PA's accosting you. You having difficulty remembering what you've posted within the last 24 hours or so? Maybe you should consult a doctor. Don't worry they won't try to prescribe narcotics for memory loss.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 07:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
I would imagine, but post-op drug dependency can **** up ones entire life. Ill take the extra coupla weeks on tylenol , it may not be as strong but I wont be OD;ing on it when I graduate to hits of Smack n fentenol

Sure it can, but it's unusual for patients to develop a dependency on narcotics prescribed for post-op pain. Far more likely if they are prescribed for chronic pain. Your certainly not required to take them and your reluctance to take them isn't clownish. (You may need to scroll back a page or two if you can't recall that reference)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 07:47 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Call your pharmacy. They can advise you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 08:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
now you're complaining of doctors and PA's accosting you
I love your feeble attempts at camo. I know that you know the various meanings of Accost dont you?? Ill therefore try not to think youre a fool.
So try not to remove any more doubts

1. Forums
  2. » How to heal the hurt of teeth extraction faster?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:54:59