Baker's Dozen

BillW

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 08:45 pm
@coluber2001,
Shipwreck
2. The Kraken. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Pd5VaGILAo8/maxresdefault.jpg
3. Sea urchins
4. Sea sponges
5. Remoras, They hitch rides on sharks and other fish with a suction cup on their head.* ....(nice to see)
6. Desis Bobmarleyi intertidal spider - It builds air chambers from its silk
7. Argonaut octopus--builds shell and drifts in the ocean. *
8. Stonefish. It is a very dangerous fish; it is the most venomous fish in the world.
9. Sea-grass meadows
10. Sunfish, another bizarre fish
11. Whale shark, largest fish in the sea.

https://www.ecowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/whale-shark.jpg
P E Dant

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 09:29 pm
@BillW,
13 things found in the sea

1. Shipwreck
3. Sea urchins
4. Sea sponges
5. Remoras, They hitch rides on sharks and other fish with a suction cup on their head.* ....(nice to see)
8. Stonefish. It is a very dangerous fish; it is the most venomous fish in the world.
9. Sea-grass meadows
12. Photocorynus spiniceps, the smallest fish in the sea
Bubbles66

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 08:38 am
@P E Dant,
13 things found in the sea

1. Shipwreck
3. Sea urchins
4. Sea sponges
9. Sea-grass meadows
12. Photocorynus spiniceps, the smallest fish in the sea
13. Frog fish. They have modified pectoral fins that resemble legs, which allow them to “walk” along the ocean floor looking for prey. This makes them kind of resemble a frog—hence their name!
Would someone else like to start the next one off for us.
BillW

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 09:35 am
@Bubbles66,
13 great lakes of the Planet Earth (can be your favorite lake!)

1. Lake Titicaca border of Peru and Bolivia, world’s highest navigable body of water.
Bubbles66

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 10:29 am
@BillW,

1. Lake Titicaca border of Peru and Bolivia, world’s highest navigable body of water.
2. Lake Windermere, is the largest natural lake in England. More than 11 miles (18 km) in length, and almost 1 mile (1.5 km) at its widest,
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 10:36 am
@Bubbles66,

2. Lake Windermere, is the largest natural lake in England. More than 11 miles (18 km) in length, and almost 1 mile (1.5 km) at its widest,
3. Seneca Lake, Finger Lakes, NY. So many great vineyards that surround the lakes in this region.
Bubbles66

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 10:45 am
@tsarstepan,

3. Seneca Lake, Finger Lakes, NY. So many great vineyards that surround the lakes in this region.
4. Lake Michigan is one of the five Great Lakes of North America.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 12:03 pm
@Bubbles66,

5. Lake Okeechobee, ( Southern Florida) Attempts to control the damage from flooding during hurricanes has virtually destroyed the Everglades.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 01:44 pm
@coluber2001,

5. Lake Okeechobee, ( Southern Florida) Attempts to control the damage from flooding during hurricanes has virtually destroyed the Everglades.
6. The oddly named, Nuclear Lake, NY. I hiked in that area. Not as dangerous as it sounds.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 06:24 pm
@tsarstepan,

6. The oddly named, Nuclear Lake, NY. I hiked in that area. Not as dangerous as it sounds.
7. Lake Eyre - the lowest lake in the World (15m below sea level)
BillW

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 06:33 pm
@P E Dant,

8. Lake Baikal, Siberia - the largest lake by volume and the deepest. A very ancient lake.
Bubbles66

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 05:38 am
@BillW,

8. Lake Baikal, Siberia - the largest lake by volume and the deepest. A very ancient lake.
9. Lake Lucerne, In central Switzerland is the fourth largest in the country.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 08:25 am
@Bubbles66,

10. Lake Inferior: The Underground Lake Beneath Lake Superior.
I was going to make a joke about a Lake Inferior until I found out there actually existed a Lake Inferior afterall.
BillW

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 09:25 am
@tsarstepan,

I was going to make a joke about a Lake Inferior until I found out there actually existed a Lake Inferior afterall.
11. Great Salt Lake - largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere and the eighth-largest endorheic lake in the world.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 10:39 am
@BillW,

11. Great Salt Lake - largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere and the eighth-largest endorheic lake in the world.
12. Kraken Mare, largest methane lake on the moon, Titan.
Bubbles66

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 11:06 am
@tsarstepan,

12. Kraken Mare, largest methane lake on the moon, Titan.
13. Lake Erie is the fourth largest lake of the five Great Lakes in North America and the eleventh-largest globally.
Bubbles66

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 11:07 am
@Bubbles66,
13 Styles of Dancing

1. Foxtrot
BillW

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 11:38 am
@Bubbles66,
13 Styles of Dancing

1. Foxtrot
2. Jerk
Bubbles66