Why do people have to stop suicide?

eve55

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:03 am
Life is the most precious thing for us. But sadly, every year there are thousands of people choose to end up their lives for a variety of reasons. So what would you do if you meet a person who wants to kill himself?

View best answer, chosen by eve55
jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:44 am
@eve55,
What I already do. I encourage them to get professional help.
Linkat
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:04 am
@jespah,
similar here - same as any situation where someone might be harming themselves. I have an actual life situation - on the harming side.

Upon noticing that my middle schooler seemed bothered by something especially after coming up towards her and she immediately turned her phone over. I knew something was up. I asked her what was wrong. I let her know that I wanted to help. Seems a friend was cutting herself and told my daughter and told her not to tell anyone. She obviously wanted to let me know because she was worried about her friend but didn't want to break their trust.

I let her know that was the right thing to do - you should not break a friend's trust unless they were doing something that would harm them or someone else. I made a call to her mom. It wasn't the easiest thing, of course. My daughter was relieved you could see it in her face. Her mom got help for her and all are much happier now. Her friend was thankful that my daughter spoke up.

So yes - if someone is harming themselves or another - you get them help any way you can.
0 Replies

eve55

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 09:33 pm
@jespah,
That's good.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do people have to stop suicide?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:42:17