Cheap Cleaning

Pitter

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 03:18 pm
My son visited me in Colombia recently. He was scheduled to go to his dentist upon his return for cleaning. I suggested he try mine here as my cleanings have been thorough and excellent. He said his cost in the US would be $150.00. He said the cleaning was equal to what he gets at home. It cost him the Colombian peso equivalent of $24.00.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 727 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed

centrox

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 03:52 pm
Here in in England you can get a dental trip to Poland - budget airline ticket, budget (not too bad) hotel, a mouth full of implants, for less than local cost of one or two.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 04:50 pm
@Pitter,
$140.00 is about normal in my town (Farmington, NM)

Oh, wait. They give you a 'free' toothbrush and a tube with enough paste for about one brushing. That probably accounts for the $116.00 difference.
Sturgis

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 05:45 pm
@roger,
For another $50. you get a container with 12" of floss.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:15 am
@Pitter,
Why do you think we get so much stuff from China? Why are jobs being outsourced to places such as India? The price of labor as well as other costs are significantly less. The dentist in Colombia is getting paid significantly less than those in the US. Likely his office space costs are significantly less than the cost of space in the US. It is likely that an average size home does not cost almost a half million in Colombia as it does say in the Northeast.
0 Replies