What category of music do you listen to most often?

Swimpy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 06:29 pm
I'd like to set up categories within the Music & Lyrics forum based on the comments and the results of the poll.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,195 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 06:54 pm
Not much of a category for Classical excluding the Opera.
ha...ha...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:07 pm
Grrr! Classical rocks! It's the only music that never get's boring.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:16 pm
Dont get me wrong, I love classical, but as far as kyrics are concerned, they would only spoil the music
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:19 pm
That's what I like about classical! The lack of lyrics. I love lyrics but I think that they help bore you.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:28 pm
Let the music take control, Right !!!!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:17 pm
Craven is the category thing doable?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:25 pm
Making new categories would be a bit too much work for me at the moment (since I just finsihed the basic navegational structure of the site). How about featured topics on that? You could make a featured topic for each of those genres. Dunno if that's what you had in mind (actually I'm pretty sure it isn't) but new forums/categories might have to wait till I have more time.

One thing I can do is make the music page only fetch featured topics from the music forum. I've been thinking about it since you started this thread but I really can't commit to extra forums at the moment. c.i. wants a photography forum and I'm sure others have suggestions.

I'd just like to phase them in at a later date if possible. We have over 56 forums right now and I'm playing catchup in getting all the backend for them running.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:28 pm
Featured forums will work. There is no limit to the number, I assume.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 09:15 pm
Hiya Swimpstress!
I picked "Anything" off the poll list because my music collection coveres pretty much every "category" with the exception of Country and Rap/Hip-Hop.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 10:04 pm
Hi fishin

I secound that...both likes and dislikes.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 06:32 am
I knew I was forgetting a category. I hate Rap/Hip-Hop, too, but I should include it incase there are those here that lkie it. Now how do I edit a poll?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 11:29 am
Just edit your first post and add the option. ;-)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 10:25 am
I voted for Rock N Roll because thats what does get me in the end although i have a high regard for classical, folk and jazz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 03:22 pm
Round and round and round we spin . . .
I like's 'em all really, 'cept modern c & w, which used ta be either hillbilly music or cowboy music. I liked ol' Hank Williams (the real one, who never promoted a football game in his short, high-rollin' life), an' Bob Wills an' Bill Monroe. In them days, somebody like Patsy Cline was just a popular singer (and very popular she was and remains), an' not a cw star.

I have the old rock-n-roll recordings i loved best--but mostly, i listen to what is commonly referred to as classical music, opera an' all. Course, i don't know if i can help ya with this, my favorite operas are Aida an' The Magic Flute, but i keep fergettin' the lyrics . . .
[/size][/b]

heeheeheeheeheehee

okseeyahbye
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 06:08 pm
Good to see you here, Setanta. The reason I asked the question is that I'd like to start some discussions about different types of music. My own tastes are pretty eclectic. I like all types of music, even some country (admittedly not much of it Wink) But I think it would be nice for people who like, say Britney Spears or Shostakovich to be able to inhabit their own space and enjoy their discussion in peace.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 09:59 pm
Classic rock....and symphonies.

Love them both equally.
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 02:25 am
Music info, what I am into.....
I am very much into classical, due to the fact of no lyric's. and the fact of it is real complete from the heart artistry, not to discredit other musicians or genre's but take for example how Mozart wrote/composed his first piece at age 13, and is still looked at today as a grand feat. While you will notice that probably no other band will be so significantly remembered. I also listen to allot of certain techno because it drives me I can follow the beat with the bass, that is also why I like the gamelan Orc.. from Bali with there percusion based rhythms. I come from a very unique family of music. My great,great Grandmother was a famous Opera singer named Madame gattica. I would really like to write about this whole music thing but truth is I am getting really tired and retarded at this present moment, so if this seems stupid do not criticisze just laugh at sleep deprivation, and a constant desire and drive to check up on this site and all of it's views.....
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 04:54 pm
I wish to apologize, for a mistake in my writing..
I mentioned that my Great, Great Grandmother was a famous Opera Singer but I was so sleep deprived that in fact I put the wrong name down. She was Madam(e) Nautica, I do not know the exact spelling at this moment.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 02:12 pm
Sorry that it appears I have abandoned this thread. I just am really busy at present. I do encourage all you music lovers to start threads on any topic you wish. Links are welcome.
0 Replies