Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:11 pm
'Cause it might disappear. Well, I understand, as Mgmt is very fussy about political or sex issues...

Still, if I may, and mgmt, please don't delete this'n: The 'Edit' box has some more terrible software glitches. You might remember how I told ya that the bottom jumps up and down. But there must be 444 additional glitches of one kind or another. Try for instance writing a long message, then slidin' the cursor down so you can see the entire doc, it drives one nuts

But yet even worse, even if you can get to the bottom, there's no appasrent way to hust leave it there. Worse than usual, it continues to jump up and down but here you can't stop it by lettin' go of the mouse

Edited to remark, well, only 44

centrox

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:17 pm
Mine doesn't "jump up and down". Wait, I'll fill it with text so it overflows downward -the box expands to about twice its initial depth, and the scroll bar goes down to the bottom, but I can still scroll normally up and down. The following is some text I copied from the Wikipedia article about a film called 'Cat People'. Now I'll save it and try to edit. Aha. Maybe I see what you mean. When I go to edit, and click in the edit box, using the scroll wheel makes the screen sort of jitter up and down a bit, and the wheel does not take me up and down within the editing box, however the arrow keys work OK. When I type something new, or delete something, even just one character, then the scroll bar re-appears and it all works OK.

Irena Gallier travels to New Orleans from Canada to reconnect with her brother Paul. Both orphaned after their parents died, Irena has been in foster care her entire life. Paul, not so lucky, spent his childhood in and out of institutions and jail. They return to Paul's home where his Creole housekeeper Female (pronounced feh-MAH-leh) helps Irena settle into her brother's house. Later, as Irena sleeps, Paul watches her with a predatory stare. That same night, a prostitute walks into a fleabag motel to meet a john — and is instead mauled by a black panther. The police capture the panther, aided by a team of zoologists: Oliver Yates, Alice Perrin and Joe Creigh.

That same morning, Irena wakes to find her brother missing. Female guesses he went to the mission, and will be home later. She pushes Irena to enjoy New Orleans on her own. When Irena visits the local zoo, she is drawn to the newly captured panther, and stays long after closing hours. When Oliver, the zoo's curator, discovers her, she runs and climbs up a tree. Oliver calms her, takes her to dinner, and eventually offers her a job in the gift shop. Irena enjoys her time working alongside Oliver and Alice, until one day she witnesses the new panther rip Joe's arm off during a routine cage cleaning, which leads to Joe's death. Oliver resolves to euthanize the cat, only to find that the animal has escaped, leaving behind a puddle of melted flesh and viscera in its cage.

Soon, Paul turns up and tells Irena of their family's werecat heritage. If a werecat mates with a human, the werecat transforms into a panther, and only by killing a human can the werecat regain human form. He also tells her that their parents were actually brother and sister because werecats are ancestrally incestuous and only sex with another werecat prevents the transformation. He makes a sexual advance towards his sister in the hopes that she will understand their predicament and accept, but she doesn't, and flees. She runs and flags down a police car, only to have second thoughts about turning her brother in. But it is too late, a police dog catches the scent of something within the house and a detective is called in. In the Gallier's basement, police find shackles, bones, and remains of dozens of corpses. They figure a wild animal was housed in the basement and call in Oliver to have a look.

On the run from her dangerous brother, Irena takes refuge in a frustrated romance with Oliver, afraid of what might happen if she has sex with him. One night, Paul (in panther form) breaks into Oliver's house, intent on killing him so he can have Irena to himself, but is shot by Alice. Oliver performs an autopsy on the panther, cutting it open, a green gas escapes and he discovers a human body within the cat. Before he can document the finding, the animal has melted into the same flesh and viscera pool as before.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:21 pm
@centrox,
I dunno, Cen, but first try draggin': You place the cursor in the lower-right corner, then you push down on the left button; then holdin' it down finally you pull your turtle toweard your elbow....

You'll see

Incidentally, did 'Doris' survive

Cen, edited to remark that I had saved 'Doris' twice, then rechecked to be sure it was displayed okay; but then again, as before, both of 'em disdappeared for no apparent reason. I even gave 'em permission to curtail it if they wished by deletions

So Cen, what on earth is happenin'

Do they just want me to quit 'cause they don't like me, the way I keep askin' q's and the like, or mebbe they don't like abbrs...

Edited again Trox to note that you beat me to the punch. But I'm still totally mystified why my OP's keep disappearin'
centrox

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:29 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I dunno, Cen, but first try draggin': You place the cursor in the lower-right corner, then you push down on the left button; then holdin' it down finally you pull your turtle toweard your elbow....

Doing that highlights the text.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:35 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
highlights the text.
No, Cen, sorry I wasn't clear. There's a little box down there for draggin'
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:37 pm
@centrox,
Hello test

The thing seems to be working right, but still Doris has gone swooosh
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:39 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
highlights the text.
No, Cen, sorry I wasn't clear. There's a little box down there for draggin'

Down where? What little box?
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:46 pm
I have a theory which is probably dead wrong as I don't pay all that much attention to dale's tribulations any more, but it may be that the mods (if you are talking about A2K mods.... it is hard to tell with all the vaporous assertions) may not want to foster all your missives to your local newspaper. You could contact them and ask if that is the problem. As I said, it may well not be.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 04:16 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
Down where?
Bottom of the Edit box

Quote:
What little box?
To the lower right is another tiny box, and if you have the contrast turned up too high you mighn't be able to see it. It's what you drag w/
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 04:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I have a theory which is probably dead wrong
Prolly not Osso

Quote:
as I don't pay all that much attention to dale's tribulations any more,
Don't blame ya

Quote:
but it may be that the mods (if you are talking about A2K mods....
I don't 'mem' sayin' anything about 'mods,' but it might be a typo

Quote:
[] is hard to tell

Thnks Buco, I try to get a chuck or 2t

Quote:
wih all the vaporous assertions)
It happens when I cough

Quote:
may not want to foster all your missives to your local newspaper.
You could contact them and ask if that is the problem.
Yea Temp, I'd thota that too; but why don't they simply say so

Quote:
As I said, it may well not be.
I wonder if anything is true anymore; it might be age, might be the Alzie's
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 04:45 pm
@dalehileman,
You whine about management instead of contacting them: those are the mods.
I have no tiny box in my Edit space, much less one to drag somewhere.
None of my typing jumps around.

Where are you numbered sons?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
You whine about management
If it is so construed, my sincere apolos to 'em

Quote:
instead of contacting them: those are the mods.
I've attempted several times to contact them through 'Contact Us but with no response--so far anyhow

...and 'mods' ? Modfications? Modular? Modality? Modem?? You gotta forge an ol' guy with Alz's

Quote:
I have no tiny box in my Edit space, much less one to drag somewhere.
Then maybe it's peculiar to Mac/Ap, and you have sumpin else

Quote:
None of my typing jumps around.
Not the typing; it's the bottom of the box that jumps up and down. Probably you're not familiar with the phenom 'cause you don't write many long OP's. My apolos if I've confused thee

Quote:
Where are you numbered sons?
They live off in the LA area
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
instead of contacting them
Like I said, Osso, I have tried. It's possible they do have something against L to the E as you suggest, but the idea of reproducing such a letter by an OP in a chat room was the Daily Press' very suggestion

So I remain stumped

But thanks for ur interest
Blickers

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:43 pm
I believe the tiny box with the dots in it, directly located below the downward arrow on the right, is the "drag" box-if you can put your pointer in the box it will open up the text box quite wide. Just don't push it all to the right margin, then you won't be able to move it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2yorfio.png
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:51 pm
@dalehileman,
I have an IMac, rather rickity.

Tell me again what the hell L to the E means...
dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:51 pm
@Blickers,
That's it Blick, thanks, and yes I also call it the 'drag box'
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
what the hell L to the E means...
Sorry Osso: Letter to the Editor
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:55 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oss, still haven't heard from 'em. Is it possible that somehow I've been cut off from 'Contact Us' as well
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:16 pm
I've no idea, except that you don't seem to listen.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:00 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
don't seem to listen.
To what. Oss, by whom

1. Forums
  2. » Quick, read... 'Doris'
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:09:38