Here, there and everywhere.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:56 pm
that doesn't help much
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:59 pm
Every morning when I wake up, for about 10 minutes I have no idea when and where i am. I'd like an answer that is always correct, but is convincing at the same time. "Here" isn't very useful when I don't know where that is. "In my head" is a little better, but not much.

More abstractly, I was wondering where our messages are stored, exactly.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:01 pm
Perhaps, in order to understand where you are, you should first make a decision about whether the observable universe is real or illusory. It doesn't need to be your final decision but if you are typing on a keyboard that will help things fall into place. I'm thinking of a poem by Wallace Stevens that's not quite about the same thing.

Dauer
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:02 pm
I decide " real", otherwise things become more confusing than they already are.

Although, perhaps if I'm that willing to make assumptions for the sake of simplicity, religion could provide a better answer.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:06 pm
True true. Then you know you're typing on a keyboard, the room you're in -- if you're in a room -- and where you've been over the past few days -- if you're willing to accept the testimony of memory. If there's a window and you trust your memories about telling time, you know what time of day it is and from this you could figure out in what time zone you are.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:09 pm
Ok, I know that much, I'm in the medical library, and I've got a rough idea about the country and the date. But I don't really know what and where all that is in relation to everything else in the universe and time. Also, I appeared to be in the same place when I was on the other side of the world.

It's all so confusing ( sob) just like my posts.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:17 pm
"an orange grove in a nightmare" is a poet's description of the manic phase of manic depression, anyhow. WHen I'm posting here there's a pretty good indication that that's where I am, lol.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:17 pm
No no. I think it makes sense. You're at the center of your world. You always will be, no matter where you go. It's always now. Past and future have no meaning in the experience of living. The past is for reflection on what was. The future is for contemplation on what may be. But they don't really matter much right now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
They are copied out each night by hand and hamster onto fifty pound legal length paper, each one inscribed with the number of characters per page and a short philosophical treatise regarding the depth of the content thereon.

All these pages are then brought to my apartment in New York City where I am having the walls insulated for the winter. I have a giant sized shredder and each pound of pages yields about 2 cubic feet of insulation if we don't overcompack the fibers.

The fun part for me is reading some of the posts as I stuff them in the walls. The political ones are the most earnest, all those righteous pronouncements and fervent portrayals of candidate A or candidate B,

I stuff them in the wall.

My next favorite is the limerick thread, I really should save them, "and thence was forever named Venus."..

... ah well, into the wall.

Today, Kicky saw Al Pacino. tomorrow his post will keep the cold out of my east end.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
Oh, that's what it is? Yeah, I get that way too. Though I'm on medication now to supress it. Yay psychopharmacology.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:39 pm
Lol, Joe, it's nice to know our posts have that much purpose. Also, are you sure you didn't rip that joke of Leunig?

Dauer:
Personally , I try to avoid medication. The highs are higher than other people's , the lows make the highs look even higher. it works for me, even if it sounds dangerous. My GPA has dropped at least 3 points this semester, but I should be able to catch up in the holidays, so it'll all be fine.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:32 pm
i googled you're query and got this response

Recreational Software Advisory Council
RSAC

RSAC no longer exists. In 1999 it was "folded into" a new organization, the Internet Content Rating Association (ICRA). The original aims of RSAC, to protect children from potentially harmful content while preserving free speech on the internet, continue to provide the cornerstone for ICRA's work, backed by the biggest names online.

Please follow the links to the ICRA website below to find the information you're looking for:

For general information about ICRA, please click here.
For information about labelling your website, please click here.
If you are looking for technical support, particularly with Microsoft Internet Explorer's Content Advisor, please note that we are not responsible in any way for this software, however, we are able to offer advice on its use. The most frequently asked of frequently asked questions (Content Advisor's "Missing information" error message) is answered in FAQ 3.3. For ICRA's support pages, please click here.

and this image from idaho

http://www.scenic-idaho.com/stoecklein/pics/io1.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:03 pm
Quote:
Also, are you sure you didn't rip that joke of Leunig?

Who?

Okay, I'm going off to look..............
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:07 pm
Whoa....you're asking where you are....but ever since I strolled into here I find I too am questioning my where abouts!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 10:06 pm
Up is over your head. Down is under your feet. Forward is ahead of you. Behind you is where you came from. It's all I'm convinced of, most days.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where are we?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:40:08