Elf's Album of China. NO 1: Zhu Jia Jiao

fancy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:43 am
Great ! I like them !
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 05:27 pm
Hi Elfself

Great pics! I am very interested in China and have been reading a lot on your country recently. Your pics are truly magnificent and give a refreshing view of everyday life, which cannot be found in books that are available on the market. Keep on the good work, and please do tell us about your life there.

Pearl Buck is back in fashion in North America, but her description of China is now outdated, so I truly welcome your stories.
0 Replies

sun n grass

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:34 am
Welcome to China
I have some friends live in Zhu Jia Jiao, also I am a shanghainese, but I 've never been there yet.
It's great to see this here.
0 Replies

sun n grass

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:49 am
Bram wrote:
Hi Elfself

Great pics! I am very interested in China and have been reading a lot on your country recently. Your pics are truly magnificent and give a refreshing view of everyday life, which cannot be found in books that are available on the market. Keep on the good work, and please do tell us about your life there.

Pearl Buck is back in fashion in North America, but her description of China is now outdated, so I truly welcome your stories.

Hi, Bram
We hope you could come to China sometime.
We would give you a warm welcome.
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
Hi Sun&Grass

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for your welcome also. Visiting China is certainly one of my dreams!!

I know Chinese people are absolutely hospitable. I saw the video of Pavarotti's visit to China and was very impressed, and can say that he was very moved when the Chinese musicians played O Sole Mio on the ancient Chinese musical instruments for him.

I often read the magazine Beijing Review and am very nicely surprised of all the progress China has accomplished in the last 25 years. Of course, there are also enormous problems that the country has to deal with, however I believe that you presently have very good and far-sighted leaders who will be able to give a solution to those problems, as best as they can.
0 Replies

sun n grass

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:00 pm
Bram wrote:

I often read the magazine Beijing Review and am very nicely surprised of all the progress China has accomplished in the last 25 years. Of course, there are also enormous problems that the country has to deal with, however I believe that you presently have very good and far-sighted leaders who will be able to give a solution to those problems, as best as they can.

You're right, China is just a developing country and has a long way to go.
0 Replies