Where in the world does most of A2K spam originate?.

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:40 am
I want to know where this magic land of enhanced males and supplemented cream covered folk live super healthy lives is?.

So I can avoid it.

roger

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:41 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Offhand, I would suggest you stay out of south asia.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:46 am
@roger,
That was my original assumption too, but I'm not so sure.

There's so many charts and graphs out there, each telling you something different.

I see the last 2 are from Windia and Whackistan.

Why do they bother?.
Surely nobody's going to fall for this crap nowadays.
roger

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:50 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Haven't seen them, but there are scads of stuff about A/C repair, schools, and so forth in towns that don't sound like Italy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:52 am
@eurocelticyankee,
https://able2know.org/topic/390379-1

Oh look! There's one now.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:59 am
@roger,
Ha, Apparently they've got women in India with natural curves?, I cant say I remember ever seeing a woman with unnatural curves, except maybe the Kardasians.
Shiny skin???.
Poor women, you'd swear they were trying to sell you a car. Scumbags.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:26 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Why do they bother?.
Surely nobody's going to fall for this crap nowadays.

Clearly some people do, a tiny fraction of those spammed but there are idiots out there. I still get phone calls from people with very strong Indian accents and, purportedly, very English names like Steve Jones or John Smith, claiming to be from BT or Microsoft or the Telephone Preference Service. I use them as a therapeutic opportunity to let off steam and call them every name under the sun, but even then some will try to persist with the deception.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 04:20 am
@eurocelticyankee,
The type of spam the we see is a window onto the secret thoughts and concerns of the people around us. Interesting in its own right. As you see strangers today just say to yourself, "that guy is worrying about the size of his dick right now", or "that woman is worrying about her wrinkles right now". The day becomes much more entertaining at least.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 05:03 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Same.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 06:15 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Offhand, I would suggest you stay out of south asia.

I always wondered about the ones that offer "black magic spells and potions".

I am not usually up at the time when the heavy spam happens anymore thankfully. I used to see it all come in live.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 07:03 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Probably, India and Pakistan; Eastern Europe and Russia; China and maybe a few really poor neighboring states.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 07:05 am
Ding ding ding on southern and southeast Asia.

PS thanks to all for reporting. <3
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 07:16 am

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 07:42 am
Why do they bother? It's just the standard numbers game. It's like a local phone room marketing carpet cleaning. The more calls out, the more hits you'll get even if only one in thirty or a hundred respond positively. And if you automate the system, decreasing manpower costs, you can throw out ten thousand contacts for peanuts.
centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 11:26 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Why do they bother? It's just the standard numbers game. It's like a local phone room marketing carpet cleaning. The more calls out, the more hits you'll get even if only one in thirty or a hundred respond positively. And if you automate the system, decreasing manpower costs, you can throw out ten thousand contacts for peanuts.

They use automatic dialling - the system dials thousands of numbers an hour, and if someone answers, the call is connected to an available operator in the call centre. If the system gets it wrong, you (the victim) pick up and just get silence. I have had several where you just get an (obviously) recorded (obviously) India voice saying "Goodbye!" very emphatically.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 11:39 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Why do they bother? It's just the standard numbers game.

Even more so with phishing. It costs nothing to send a million emails, and if 0.0001% click on the link in the deliberately ill-spelled, crafted-for-the-gullible messages, that's 10 people who you can maybe persuade to give their bank details.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:02 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
The type of spam the we see is a window onto the secret thoughts and concerns of the people around us. Interesting in its own right. As you see strangers today just say to yourself, "that guy is worrying about the size of his dick right now", or "that woman is worrying about her wrinkles right now". The day becomes much more entertaining at least.

That sounds like fun!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:31 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I'm worried about my wrinkly dick.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm worried about my wrinkly dick.

That must have been you I saw sitting in traffic this morning looking down at his lap.
jespah

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:42 pm
@rosborne979,
Maybe he just spilled his coffee.

1. Forums
  2. » Where in the world does most of A2K spam originate?.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:31:35