snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 03:54 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

this run by GS is all the more amazing when you consider that they're doing it without having Kerr out there calling the shots...

Kerr's been back on the bench for the last two games.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:15 am
@snood,

that's good... haven't been watching, obviously...
snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:17 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

that's good... haven't been watching, obviously...

You missed a real barn burner last night. Epic.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:20 am
@snood,
I thought for a time the Cavs might win last night.
snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Me too. And they thought so, too. They were up 6 with 3 minutes left. The Warriors showed their heart by not giving up. I heard an announcer say this morning that the Cavs felt like a heavyweight boxer who had just hit his opponent with his best haymaker, then watched him shrug it off.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:41 am
@edgarblythe,
KD is the difference. On a team as loaded as the Warriors you cannot
afford to isolate on him. Exciting game.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2017 04:52 pm
I bet the Cavs lay down and roll over tonight, once the Dubs hit them with an initial run. It will surprise me if they actually put up a fight.
George

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2017 04:56 pm
@snood,
Man, I hope not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 06:35 am
So the Cavs are not dead after all.
snood

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 06:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Definitely not. Shoot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 07:15 am
I almost didn't believe what I was watching last night.
Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 07:42 am
@edgarblythe,
was defense outlawed?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 08:57 am
@Ragman,
I don't watch that many games, so I can't discuss the finer details, such as playing and just showing up.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:28 am
Every year about playoff time (especially finals), I hear someone bring the integrity of the officiating into question. It usually comes from a fan of the team that just lost a game or series. I generally try to avoid those discussions. Because it's hard for me to believe that these athletes, some of whose careers I've followed since their high school days and whose competitiveness and heart I've witnessed, would knowingly participate in 'fixing' of contests.

The officials themselves are a separate question. I do have doubts about them, sometimes. Like when one team gets 22 fouls called on it in the same quarter that the other team has 3 fouls assessed. Like when it's a highly anticipated, highly promoted finals that looks like it's going to end prematurely, then all of a sudden the way fouls are called gets one-sided, and the series is prolonged. The NBA had A LOT to lose if the Cavs got swept.

I'm just saying...
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:30 am
@snood,
Quote:
The officials themselves are a separate question. I do have doubts about them, sometimes.
as you should...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_betting_scandal
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:32 am
@snood,
I agree that bad calls are widely used to control games, not just this series.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 08:23 pm
Game five -
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:28 am
I am no fan of either team, but their match-up made for some good watching.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 12:33 pm
The Warriors have issued a preemptive 'dis' of Trump - announcing that they will take a pass on any invitation to the new NBA champs to come to the White House...

-Here is a sample of some of the things Warriors people have said about orange foolius:
-Coach Steve Kerr has ripped Trump as a “blowhard” and “ill-suited” for the office.
-Player David West said the president was a poor role model, and that
“All the tactics that he used to get elected are the very things that someone like me, who works with youth on a consistent basis, are the things that we try to talk our young folks out of being,” West said...
“He is the complete opposite of all of that,” West added.

=Player Stephan Curry has also criticized Trump, who was described as “a great asset” by the CEO of Under Armour, which the player endorses.
“I agree with that description,” Curry said, “if you remove the ‘et’” from asset.”

So proud of them for standing up...

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/golden-state-warriors-refuse-to-visit-white-house-after-winning-nba-title/
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:26:21