Gloria Trevi

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
Who knows the music of this Mexican Madonna, what do you think about her music and who can tell me a little bit more about her prison-time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,622 • Replies: 10
No top replies

FCDB

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:59 pm
Wil je wat weten over de muziek of wil je gewoon plaatjes? Wink
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:51 pm
Mexican Madonna? Thats a suit too big for her, in my opinion. Her current fame is thanks to the criminal situation she had, not much as for her musical talent. Though, she was nice show to see live!
0 Replies

DERAIL MAN

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:10 pm
A mi me gusta andar con el pelo suerto!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
In her beginnings, bad music, nice body, terrible voice, a very studied -for commercial purposes- and very fake provocative attitude, a lot of marketing.

Now, an ex-convict with a terrific and terrifying story, nobody wants to really dig deep into, because it would show how deep is the loss of human values in the age of videocracy, and would put the media -specially TV- as the culprit.

(For those who don't know, Gloria Trevi spent about 4 years in jail, for being an aide to a child corruption scheme: she, and the teenage girls of her chorus lived in a sort of a cult-commune with Sergio Andrade, her manager, who raped all of them, and fathered children from several of the girls -including Gloria, of course-. Andrade is still in jail)
0 Replies

Diego Armando Maradona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 05:01 pm
Quote:
Her current fame is thanks to the criminal situation she had, not much as for her musical talent.

She was famous for like 10 years before her run-in with the law. She already sold over 5 million copy´s in 1993(She had her big debut in 1989).

And she has often be compared to Madonna. I don´t think a Latin lady singer has sold more copy´s then she has.

Quote:
Now, an ex-convict with a terrific and terrifying story, nobody wants to really dig deep into, because it would show how deep is the loss of human values in the age of videocracy, and would put the media -specially TV- as the culprit.

She has never been convicted, but she spend several years in jail. She actually lives in Texas now with her mother, new boyfriend and her kid and she couldn´t if she had been convicted of a crime.

I don´t know if she will get a her music career back on track but judging by how popular the Gloria Trevi Bulletin boards are she must be pretty popular still in especially Latin America.

I don´t know if her history will make it impossible to be succesfull again but she wouldn´t be the first singer to come back from jail-time to be succesfull. Maybe it even makes her more popular especially in Latin America.

She already has signed a contract for a new album, but time will tell if she will be popular again. But she has lost most, if not all of her money in all her legal battles.

Nevertheless she has done a lot to be a rebel and trying to fight the Macho culture in especially Mexico and you have to give her credit for that.
0 Replies

Diego Armando Maradona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 05:03 pm
0 Replies

mujimbo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 11:53 am
"girl trouble,' the sizzling gloria trevi story
if you want to read the whole, incredible and wonderfully-written story of gloria trevi and her band on the run, i'd highly recommend the new book 'girl trouble,' by the new york times reporter, christopher mcdougall. he not only got an interview with gloria when she was in prison, but he went back and SNUCK INTO A BRAZILIAN JAIL to interview her sinister manager, sergio andrade. the book is excellent, and also available in spanish as 'la atrevida.'

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060536624/ref%3Dpd%5Fecc%5Frvi%5F1/102-0337377-0785746
0 Replies

Gloria Trevi 7

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
GLORIA TREVI
I don't think that some of you are well informed about Gloria Trevi.
Quote:
In her beginnings, bad music, nice body, terrible voice, a very studied -for commercial purposes- and very fake provocative attitude, a lot of marketing.

Gloria was very popular back in the days when she first came out. Everyone wanted to be just like her. She never had "Bad music and a nice body" she was more than that. Many people said she was a phenomenon. She writes most of her music and the lyrics to some of these songs are incredible. If you listen and understood her music, you will feel the same way... there is no one like Gloria Trevi.

Yes, Gloria had trouble with the law. She was ACCUSED of child corruption and kidnapping, but she was released after they said she was innocent. Some of the girls that came out accusing Gloria kept chaning their story and it didn't make sense. It is true that many of the girls had kids from Sergio Andrade BUT, how many people don't sleep with producers or directors or people in high places just to get ahead. He even married one of the girls and gave her an album that never went anywhere. Gloria Trevi was not just a bunch of publicity... she has talent. She can write music and has the ability to express herself through music in a very unique way.

She has been asked about what she thinks about people that don't like her and she says that people that don't like her its because they don't know her... they don't know her music. But if they really listened they would understand where she comes from and what she feels. I believe that's very true, there are a lot of songs that you can just feel were written just for you... she feels and she loves and she lives and she writes...

If you have the chance, listen to her songs such as "Con los Ojos Cerrados" and "Me Siento tan Sola" or "Un Dia Mas de Vida" or "El Recuento de los Daños" Then you'll understand... Gloria is more than music and controversy....

Even some people that criticize her say that you can not deny she has an amazing talent.

I just saw her in her first concert after she was released... it was something else... she has so much energy... and there was a point where she sang one of her super old songs called "Si Me Llevas Con Tigo". She sang it acapella and as soon as she said the first like of the song... "Te prometo que... " Everyone in the audience sang along and you could hear it like a chorus... just singing with her... It was magical... Even I was surprised to see how much people loved her. In the middle of the song, I guess the great reaction of the audience got to her and she got sentimental and stopped singing... and the audience continued to sing the next line or two... it was great!

Gloria Trevi... the one and ONLY!
0 Replies

Diego Armando Maradona

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 02:00 pm
I just bought her CD 'Como nace el universo´ Very Happy
0 Replies

Gloria Trevi 7

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:43 am
GLORIA TREVI
And? What did you think of it?

I loved it. My favorite song is Como nace el Universo and then Horas Tranquilas!
0 Replies