Yahoo Doubles Free E-Mail Storage Limits

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:50 pm
Quote:
E-mail accountholders will get up to 250 megabytes of free storage effective Monday, up from 100 megabytes previously offered by Sunnyvale-based Yahoo. The change follows Microsoft's recent decision to boost the free storage on its Hotmail service to 250 megabytes per account.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041115/D86C4A5O0.html

Love competition. It is great for the economy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 554 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:51 pm
More more more! Yay!

The big jump already happened, but even more would be great.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:53 pm
Quote:
Today's tip: Your Yahoo! Mail is new and improved, with 100MB of storage, 10MB message size, and an updated look! Find out more.

That's strange. Went to my Yahoo account and got this. It looks like somebody messed up somewhere.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:57 pm
I think it depends. I had one account that I'd paid for, for extra storage -- I forget the amount (what I paid, and storage), but I was automatically upgraded to 2 GB I think. Then another one I had that was free, was also upgraded but to a smaller extent. (Don't remember numbers there either, sorry.)

Point being that I think different types of accounts are upgraded/ given extra storage at different levels.
0 Replies