Why can't I 'click' on links in an email?

smorgs

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:07 pm
Hello everyone! I'm new to all this, but I'm learning from a manual so it's slow going. One thing I can't do though is clickon a link from an email, where am I going wrong? can't find an answer on any of the help sites. Will someone out there please just tell me what to do in simple terms for a novice user. Thanks loads! Rolling Eyes [size=7][/size]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,275 • Replies: 19
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:18 pm
Hi Sarah, welcome to a2k. I'm no expert (but we have some here).

Are you using Outlook for your email?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:46 pm
you ight have links and embedded imagines disabled in your email settings... if so just go to your mail preferences and give it a little change to enable the clicking of links and viewing of embedded imagines
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
Bloody Hell! Your in America!
Hello, people who replied! How Daft am I? I'm so new (and soooo late) to all this I didn't even know my quest for 'how to click on links from an email' would go anywhere outside my little world here in Manchester (U.K.) I feel silly now, not having a intruiging sobriqet or a witty line at the end....and I really must start looking at the bigger picture.

Huge Mancunian Regards

Sarah
Very Happy
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:44 pm
fret not Sarah... we here at A2K will try and make the adjustment to the cyber world as easy as possible... hope we helped you figured out how to click on the link..
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
Wow, Mancunian. That's my new word for the day. Very Happy

You can add a "signature" as well as an avatar, etc. by clicking on the word Profile near the top of any page. Feel free to ask questions if you have any!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:02 pm
Small world, isn't it?

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:51 am
mac11
Laughing Hi mac11,
how are you today? You said feel free to ask questions, so here goes:
Can I give myself a new user name?
I still can't click on links, where do I find my email settings?
Do you like the green?

It's still raining!

Mancunian
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:01 pm
Re: mac11
Sarah Morgan wrote:
Laughing Hi mac11,
how are you today? You said feel free to ask questions, so here goes:
Can I give myself a new user name?
I still can't click on links, where do I find my email settings?
Do you like the green?

It's still raining!

Mancunian

Hi Sarah,

You can request a one-time-only user name change by clicking on the little word Help at the bottom right of the screen and then Submit a Ticket specifying what you want to do.

To solve your email link problem, I suggest starting a new thread in the Computer forum. One of those computer experts will be able to help you a lot more than I can.

What green are we referring to here? (As to whether or not I like it?)

It's raining here too and about 72F (22C).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:04 pm
I also can't go to links...mail or not. I've gone to the Outlook Express toolbar but to no avail.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
Sara, I like you already. Wanna make out?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:35 pm
mac11
Sorry mac 11 Embarrassed I realised when I read it back that it sounded a bit dodgy (as we say) asking 'if you liked the green'!!!! No it wasn't a reference to marijuana, I thought I had changed the text to the colour green!

Now I'm even putting my cyber foot in it!

I'm such a Bridget (Jones) sometimes. Read your profile - Love theatre, go all the time, Best seen this year: Look back in Anger, Worst seen this year: Vagina Monologues (I'm in the minority). Do you still go?

Do rockets go off everyday where you live?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:45 pm
kickycan
kickycan, Sarah with an H, if you don't mind. Your message made me laugh out loud on a dull, rainy Manchester evening. Is 'wanna make out' cyberspeak? Me cyber virgin, you veteran member, so don't be naughty! but okay then! Laughing

S
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:49 pm
I still go to the theatre, but it's hard to be an audience member after being more involved. I think Look Back in Anger is a great play! Saw a really bad production of it years ago, though, so it takes more than a good script. I'm a fan of Vagina Monologues, but mostly because it makes people talk and think about issues they'd rather avoid.

You should play around more with the colors and such here - it's easy once you get the hang of it. (I didn't think for a minute that you were asking about marijuana! Laughing )

NASA is based here in Houston, but most of the launches are actually in Florida. I know several people who are current or former employees of NASA, but I've never seen a launch myself.

Oh, and Kicky is very naughty!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 01:16 pm
mac11
I wasn't serious about the rockets! I'm not THAT stupid. But it wasn't very witty. Perhaps I'm trying too hard. I feel daft all over again now (over sensitive). Are you male or female, I understand if you prefer to remain androdgynous. I suppose I didn't like Vagina Monologues `cos MelB (scary spice, remember them?) was in the cast - she was terrible! But I take your point about 'raising issues'. The night we went, the audience was full of lesbians, not that I have anything against lesbians (I love 'em) but they kept on cheering whenever the word c**t or vagina was uttered, so I couldn't hear what came next. I'm a lucky girl, I move in circles where the subject isn't taboo. How about you?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 01:39 pm
Very Happy I'm of the female persuasion too.

I've spent most of my life in a very liberal atmosphere, where no subject was taboo. It's been tough to adapt to a more conservative workplace.

I can imagine that MelB would not have helped the artistic value of the evening much. The play has been done with all sorts of dodgy semi-celebrities here, too. (I have nieces who were nuts about the Spice Girls, or I'd have missed them all together.)

Oh, and I'm sorry if I implied that you were stupid. That was definitely not my intent. Perhaps we have a little language barrier here? As in "two nations divided by a common language."
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:14 pm
mac11
Just language mac11, same hopes and fears, depressed about the news from Iraq, wondering why the worlds in a mess, worrying about work, thinking about going on a diet, the usual preoccupations. I want my daughter to know peace, is that too 'hippyish'?

Give to these children, new from the world,
Silence and love;
And the long dew-dripping hours of the night,
And the stars above.

2nd stanza
A Faery Song
W. B. Yeats

For you mac11, and a big hug for being the first person to ever chat to me 'on the web'.

S
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:16 pm
Lovely Yeats.

Thanks for the hug - I can use all I can get! Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:21 pm
Welcome Sarah..you'll fit in quite nicely I think.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:35 pm
panzade
Thanks panzade, we will chat again! Right now I'm going for a bath. Both sets of cheeks are aching, from sitting in this chair for so long and from smiling too much!

night panzade
night mac11
:wink:
0 Replies