ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:14 am
watch out for this ridiculousness

____

Tue 23 May, 2017 01:09 pm
Hello my dear,
My name is General Jessica William, U. S. A. Army, is my pleasure to contact you after viewing your profile today, I wish to have undisclosed partnership with you, I hope you will recontact me back for great reason Via the email below, <removed>

Best Regard
General Jessica William

___

I'm notifying the admin team.

George

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:24 am
@ehBeth,
"Undisclosed partnership"?
Sounds funky.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
Why didn't she send that to me?

Count me in too!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:29 am
@George,
ha !
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:32 am
I wondered if General William, being a female, could not be relieved for conduct unbecoming to an officer and a gentleman (which, maybe, an 'undisclosed partnership' would be?). However I see that Article 133 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice says "(1) Gentleman. As used in this article, “gentleman” includes both male and female commissioned officers, cadets, and midshipmen."
glitterbag

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 12:13 pm
@centrox,
i think it's a scam, centrex.......best to skip messages like that.
centrox

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 12:17 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

i think it's a scam, centrex.......best to skip messages like that.

Of course I know it's a bloody scam... have you heard of 'humour'? (or 'humor' ?)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 12:22 pm
@centrox,
Talk about humor, I received a spate of calls yesterday, purportedly from the IRS, demanding a huge sum of money immediately or face jail and confiscation of my home.
Setanta

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 12:36 pm
Oh man, I wish someone would confiscate my home . . . it really needs a lot of work.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 12:57 pm
@ehBeth,
I love the former Daily Show alumni, Jessica Williams. Didn't realize she advanced so far in the army to become a general. Assuming she is a 4 star general and not a Brigadier General (one star), Major General (two stars), Lieutenant General (three stars).

Her podcast, Two Dope Queens with cohost, Phoebe Robinson? So dope!
http://superselected.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/tumblr_o4qffdjVz91v7n7tzo1_1280.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Talk about humor, I received a spate of calls yesterday, purportedly from the IRS, demanding a huge sum of money immediately or face jail and confiscation of my home.

I got lucky. They struck in a different location:
Updated 31 mins ago
HEDWIG VILLAGE, Texas (KTRK) -- The FBI and several other federal government agencies are carrying out a raid on a Hedwig Village home, authorities confirm.

The Department of Commerce and the Internal Revenue Service are also assisting in the investigation at the home on Buckingham Court Circle.

An FBI official declined to comment on the raid, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.

Smile
ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I keep getting emails from the FBI - offering me money. Oh. Really?
Blickers

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 09:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Quotye ehBeth:
Quote:
I keep getting emails from the FBI - offering me money.

That's just Trump's legal team trying to derail the investigation.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:54 am
I am feeling left out. I get PMs from people I have annoyed here (and I am proud to say I seem to annoy liberals and conservatives equally). But that doesn't really count as spam.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 07:56 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I got one yesterday too.

I remember getting a similar message on my voicemail at home not IRS but some other threatening message if I don't call back I would have an arrest warrant or someone coming to my house to arrest me (not me personally but someone in my household).

I was very tempted to call back and say were you referring to my husband if so, they you are more than welcome to come over and arrest him.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 09:24 am
@ehBeth,
pisses me off, I only get PMs asking for homework help .
0 Replies