A Perfect Circle's "eMOTIVe"

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:39 pm
Has anyone else picked this up?

I went in to get it last week, all fired up over their new album. I find out every track but two, are cover songs. While I haven't listened to it more than two or three times, I'm a little disappointed so far. It's all really mellow, except for the one original, new track. Not what I expected.

Obviously I have to listen to it a few more times to have a solid opinion, but just wondering what anyone else thinks of it so far.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 972 • Replies: 8
No top replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:16 pm
You didn't know it was basically a cover album? IMO it's compete junk and you and Maynard should be dissapointed with the album. Luckily i have Tool's new albums to hope for and that shouldn't be dissapointing...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
I didn't know it was a cover album, didn't read about it beforehand.

But yea, can't wait for the next Tool. They're unreal, probably the best live band I've ever seen. Drummer is incredible.
0 Replies

ReiKi

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
Yes, I completely agree with you. It is a huge let down and I guess that's largely due to the huge expectation factor I placed on it.

If I listened to it as a completely unknown band I think I would quite enjoy the album.. but it's so different to the material they've drummed out in the past. It seems like a half arsed and oblique attempt to try and apply yesterdays songs to today. The song selection is disappointing. They ruined Pet. Sounds like Trent had some involvement with that?

Passive is easily my favourite. .

aMOTION is out today. I'm hesitant to even bother wasting my hard earned on that.

Anyone seen it yet?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
Nope.

I agree with the Trent comment. It does sound like NIN, and a little Ministry thrown in the mix. But yes, if I never heard them before, I'd like the album. I just like their music when it's heavy.

I'm dissapointed because I have such a hard on for Tool and Perfect Circle, mostly Tool. Maynard is a damn genius, the talent level in the band is absolutely ridiculous, and if you see them live it just defines them.

(this is funny by the way)
http://www.ninjapirate.com/maynard.html
0 Replies

ReiKi

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
hehe, yes yes.. i'd have one too if it were humanly possible! lol

Can't wait for the new TOOL stuff. They've progressed quite considerably since Opiate - it will be interesting to see where they take the next album. I really hope its not going to be political. I strongly doubt it. I guess its kinda good in a way that MJK was able to vent his political frustation via APC.

And I agree.. TOOL live in concert is one of the most aural and visually pleasing experiences ever! Closely followed by The Mars Volta!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:58 pm
Is their version of the Beatles' Imagine on this album? That is really an amazing version, even though its not their song they made it into a whole new thing which is actually good..
0 Replies

ReiKi

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:53 pm
Yes, it's the second track on eMOTIVe, stuh..

I didn't like it at first, but i must admit it is growing on me.

You're one of the few ppl who actually like it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:23 pm
Really? It's the only song I know of from the album, it's pretty popular around here
0 Replies