There's Something about A2K

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:52 pm
I've noticed a great deal of thread crossover lately, particularly in the last week (think about it).

I can say something sarcastic like "Your english sucks" to someone who obviously knows more about the language than I ever will, then watch what happens. They start attacking my profile.

The disenfranchised and humorless have invaded A2K. Be careful who you interact with.

Watch and see what happens here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,366 • Replies: 18
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:55 pm
Attacking your profile?

What does that mean?

(I happened to just read that thread, was thoroughly confused. We DO have a lot of ESL students on that forum, and I thought your comment was in way bad taste. Then I figured out -- I think -- that Tryagain was yust yoshin', but it wasn't obvious.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:58 pm
Soz, anyone who can write what Tryagain wrote in their second and third post on that thread is no ESL student. My jest should have been obvious.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:00 pm
Is there going to be a fight, cjhsa?

I got your back, brother.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:03 pm
Not really. I just re-read. The comma stuff could easily be copy and paste. For someone who read it quickly, as I did, your comment stuck out like a sore thumb.

I mean, I get it now, and if we were having this discussion on that thread and I'd said "hey cjhsa be nice!" and you explained I'd be like oh, OK. But seems a like a pretty flimsy slight to hang a whole new thread on.

And again, what does "attacking your profile" mean?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:06 pm
I'm going in with guns blazing Gus. Watch out for backfire.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:08 pm
Read my profile soz. I didn't bring it up. Also, if you read my earlier post in the same thread, you'll see I was taking it pretty lightly.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:09 pm
Didn't bring what up? Ted Nugent? You talk about him all the time, dude!

I don't doubt that you took it lightly in the thread, but it seems to have got your panties bunched enough that you started THIS whole thread about it.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:10 pm
Try's only joshin' with ya cjhsa.

Kinda like you were with him. :wink:

Oh, and he aint no ESL student. Just a escapee from the riddle forum. Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:13 pm
Ok, ok! Everybody calm down!

Let's all stroll over to the window and look at that beautiful sunset. Hey! There's a moose over there!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:13 pm
no one has to be on more than one or two threads with you, cjhsa, to know of your worship of the god of cat scratch fever.

i didn't even know it was on your profile til i just read about it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:14 pm
I like moose. They're tasty.

And all is forgiven.
0 Replies

ehBeth

maybe this explains the stupid stuff McG has been posting in the word game threads.
0 Replies

cavfancier

I dunno...I just read that thread, and it seemed everyone was taking things in good humour, and of course Tryagain is no ESL student. That's bleedin' obvious. However, I do question cj's starting this thread as well. I didn't see any slander or ill will in the original posts.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:15 pm
Ahh, I'm too slow...if all is forgiven, let's move on.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:27 pm
All is forgiven. That's nice. (Not sure who is forgiven for what, but whatever.)

Meanwhile, ehBeth, I think I just happened across the origin of the phenomenon you mentioned:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1008404#1008404
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
All is forgiven. That's nice. (Not sure who is forgiven for what, but whatever.)

Meanwhile, ehBeth, I think I just happened across the origin of the phenomenon you mentioned:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1008404#1008404

<psst...I wasn't sure either, but I thought moving on was the right thing to do, oh, I caught that thread you just cited earlier today...McG doesn't even play by the rules, big poohead>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:38 pm
Thanks, soz.
I knew there had to be some explanation for that particular annoyance.
I hate to think that we might lose a couple of posters because of that.
They needed that quiet place.

<le huge sigh>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:54 pm
I have read this entire thread and am still too dense to understand any of it. Oh well, have a nice evening.
0 Replies