0

So I told a girl that I masturbated to her...

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 10:59 am
For some reason, it was killing me inside that I didn't tell her that I was masturbating to her. I texted her and when she replied‚Äč back to me she said "[Name] those things should be left unsaid lol", Then a few minutes later she said "it's cool I guess". So I don't exactly understand if she thinks I'm completely weird or what. But I message‚Äč her back and forth and she still replies to me, so who knows what she thinks of it.

5  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:00 am
@RustInDirt,
Maybe resist those verbal impulses a bit better next time.

ehBeth

3  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:02 am
@RustInDirt,
I'm guessing you've gone to the weird side of the list.

If you're not in a relationship with someone, you don't talk to them about your sexual habits. Really. don't.
RustInDirt

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:05 am
@ehBeth,
Well, I know you shouldn't normally but I felt guilty about it.

Edit: The question just popped in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I just went along with it.
ehBeth

3  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:09 am
@RustInDirt,
You shouldn't ever tell someone this kind of thing.

Really.

There's nothing to feel guilty about. You masturbated. It's not a big deal. Every healthy human does it , pretty much from birth (some studies suggest masturbation starts in utero).

http://www.ejhs.org/volume11/Newman.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3550126

The details are no one's business unless you're doing something illegal.

So - go ahead - masturbate - and don't tell people the details.

ehBeth

2  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:12 am
@RustInDirt,
RustInDirt wrote:
The question just popped in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I just went along with it.

that's not always a smart way to go about life
RustInDirt

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:32 am
@ehBeth,
This was literally the only time that I've went through saying something this bizarre. I just felt different, I'm just different I guess.

2  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 12:43 pm
@RustInDirt,
I agree with the other posts. But, I don't think it is a big deal. She isn't making a big deal about it if she is still talking to you.

Just drop it and it will go away.

PUNKEY

2  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 05:59 pm
You are lucky that she expressed such an apathetic response to your "confessopn."

The next girl might call the police.

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 06:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

The next girl might call the police.

Why Punky? Masturbation is not a crime.

The next woman might respond positively and he he will end up with a sexting partner. There are women who enjoy sexting. As long as he doesn't persist with a woman who doesn't respond in kind, there is no harm in initiating this sort of thing.

He initiated a sexual text. Her response showed she wasn't interested. He continued to talk to her in a non-sexual way. She was OK with that. Life goes on. I don't think our OP did anything wrong.

tibbleinparadise

2  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 06:37 pm
@RustInDirt,
Gotta work on that filter. Sometimes you just don't say things out loud. Clearly your unfiltered comment wasn't a complete disaster, but I think you got off (no pun intended) lucky.

On the masturbation thing. I don't feel that it's something to have any guilt over. Culturally it is still a bit taboo, but taboo doesn't mean wrong. Research has found that most folks have masturbated at some point and many do on a regular basis.

0  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 07:05 pm
@RustInDirt,
Is there anyone on this thread, other than the OP, who is under the age of 40? Show of hands..... there I thought not.

I think you are all being a bit prudish.
tibbleinparadise

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 07:57 pm
@maxdancona,
37...not a prude.

0  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 08:10 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
I did like your unintended pun. But, I disagree with your definition of "lucky" which to me would have meant that she responded enthusiastically to the idea. Sexting is something young folks do these days (as I know from having raised kids through adolescence).

But I want to ask you Tibble .... what are you wearing?
tibbleinparadise

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 09:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I just meant he was lucky she JUST pleasantly declined his....whatever you call telling someone you masturbate while thinking of them. I mean, that conversation could have gone way worse.

I am...ehhh...pretty familiar with sexting. It can definitely add a little something!

Rudpolph

1  
Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 05:27 pm
@RustInDirt,
Maybe youre young and inexperienced but dude dont say that kinda thing to a '' girl '' or indeed to anyone, unless youre in a relationship with that person and even then its maybe the kinda thing that might make someone feel uneasy or embarrassed to hear.