Finding piano or guitar chords for hard to find songs.

Real Music

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 07:46 pm
How to play 9, 11 and 13 chords

(Upper chord extensions) and (slash) chords

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2024 06:37 pm
Kendrick Lamar "Not Like Us" Piano Tutorial

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2024 08:00 pm
Classical Composer (analyzes) rapper Kendrick Lamar's song 'Alright'

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2024 01:24 am
Player - Baby Come Back
(with CHORD symbols)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2024 07:09 pm

https://www.pianochord.org/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2024 02:22 am
Quote:
Are These Two Chords The Same?! Well ...

I get asked a lot why the same group of notes sometimes gets called one chord and sometimes another.
For example, E G A C could be a C6 chords, but also an Am7. So which one is it? Well ... it depends on the context: what functional harmonic role is this chord expected to play? This is not a "cop out" answer, and if you want to understand more, come on in and watch. In the process you'll even learn about seemingly unrelated things like rootless voicings!

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2024 11:33 pm
Songs that use 9th, 11th and 13th chords.

Quote:
Upper chord extensions are notes we add to a chord which stretch beyond the octave, so for example,
9ths, 11ths and 13ths. Chords like these can often seem somewhat intimidating if you've not been introduced
to them as they come with a whole range of "rules" and conventions on how to play them. So hopefully today
I can break down some of the mystery surrounding these lush, beautiful chords!

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2024 12:02 am
When Will I See You Smile Again (Bell Biv DeVoe) - Piano Tutorial

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2024 07:53 pm
I've got love on my mind (by Natalie Cole)
Piano Tutorial

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 10:51 pm
How to label the black keys on piano/keyboard // Flats and sharps.

Quote:
After naming the white keys, learning how to label the black keys on a piano/keyboard is the next step.
There's actually more than one name of the black keys on a piano we could use and in this video you will find out how it all works using sharps and flats and how to practice it effectively.

I don't recommend to label the notes with stickers, but rather to learn how to name the piano keys by heart so they become a part of your musical vocabulary that you can use easily.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 11:00 pm
https://voicemechanic.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/The-sharp-and-flat-sign.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 11:03 pm
https://www.musictheoryacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/piano-sheet-music-flats-and-sharps.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2024 01:22 am
Chord Identification - Music Theory

Quote:
Chord identification on the piano and how to tell the difference between major, minor, augmented, and diminished chords. In this music theory lesson all is explained. Within any major key there is found a mixture of major, minor, and diminished chords. Within any minor key we can also add augmented chords to this list. How do we know which is which? How do we construct them? How can we hear the difference between them? Watch this music theory lesson to find out how it all works.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2024 01:35 am
Piano Chords: SUSPENDED CHORDS

(sus4 & sus2)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2024 11:57 pm
Slash Chords & Polychords

Quote:
When reading charts for jazz standards, pop, rock, musical theatre, just about any form of chordal playing, you may have come across Slash Chords & wondered what they are.

The way they work are much simpler than they look and actually help to streamline and simplify writing and reading music.

They can also be used in a more developed way in the form of ‘Polychords’ which we’ll take a look at a little later in this video too!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2024 12:00 am
(Slash Chords), (Polychords), (Sixth Chords)
and Ways to Write Down Music.

Quote:
I really don't know how to title this one. I do eventually talk about slash chords, polychords, and sixth cords, but the real focus is on understand the different ways musicians can communicate through written music. Sometimes you're simply telling someone where to put their fingers, and other times you're giving them very high level ideas like harmony and trusting them to turn it into actual music.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2024 07:55 pm
How to Play All 12 Major Scales on the Piano With Fingering.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2024 08:17 pm
Relative Minors Made Simple | Find Them Easily In ANY Key

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2024 01:51 am
Songs that use 9th chords

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2024 01:55 am
7 types of 7th chord EXPLAINED