Finding piano or guitar chords for hard to find songs.

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 10:45 am
I wish I had the ability to identify the chords to my favorite songs by ear, but I don't. So, the alternative is to find a website or a company that does that for me. I am currently seeking out websites or companies that provides that service. Does anyone have recommendations of how I can find the musical chords to hard to find songs? Are there any websites or companies?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,982 • Replies: 15
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:02 am
@Real Music,
The only thing I can think of is to get in touch with the music publishers for tunes you're interested in.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:26 am
@Real Music,
There are people who do this. Do a search for "music transcription services".

Don't be too sure that you can't do a lot of this yourself, though. If you know the melody notes and are familiar with the style you can usually come up with a pretty good facsimile. Most popular music follows certain conventions, so you know that a ii chord will usually lead to a V, etc. Listen for the bass line and build on that. You may not end up with the exact harmony the composer used but people revise chord structure all the time. As the Duke said, "If it sounds good, it is good."
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:43 am
@Real Music,
I've used this guy before;
http://www.czaplamusic.com/MusicTranscriptions.htm
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 01:57 pm
Maybe if you play a recording into this program, it will find the chords?

Freeware
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 05:58 pm
@Blickers,
Theres a keyboard chrod player called GOOTAR . Ive used its keyboard to write chords for the peddle steel.(Course peddle steel chords are always the simplest)
Seizan

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 07:51 pm
@farmerman,
You are amazing. Not being sarcastic. I'm a musician of sorts too, but only a technician. The mysteries of writing chords and even the simplest music theory has always eluded me...
Real Music

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 07:52 pm
https://chordify.net/
I discovered this website called Chordify. I can type in the name and artists of a song. It automatically transcribes the chords and the chord progression to the song I choose. One problem I found was that this website is only indicating triads or three note chords.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2017 04:11 am
@Seizan,
I used to play keyboard as a kid. I was pretty good at classical and then I discovered Jimmie Smith . I followed the Jimmy Smith style for years until I was in an explosion and this left me kinda crippled in one hand and lacking feeling on one side of my body . So i learnt left handed guitar and graduated to dobro and peddle steel. Im no Jerry Douglas but I sit in with a couple of local boys and provide some good licks with melodies and simple droning chords that only a peddle steel can do. (I leave my peddle steel at a nearby social club nd i play on a lap steel t home)
Sometimes handicaps are merely opportunities to lern something else.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 01:15 am
Try and learn to do it yourself, a chord is only comprised of three or four tones.

Use a piano, find the root tone then the others and then figure out if it is inverted then translate it to the instrument you are playing.

It is work but something that you will use a lot, it is nice to have that ability on the fly. Smile
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 03:48 pm
Average White Band "A Love Of Your Own" Piano Tutorial

(Chord progression)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 03:08 am
Give Love On Christmas Day - The Jackson 5

(Lyrics and Chords)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 03:40 am
Earth, Wind & Fire - After the Love Has Gone

(Chords & Lyrics)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:13 pm
I'll Give All My Love to You (by Keith Sweat)

Piano Tutorial

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2021 11:18 pm
Con Funk Shun - Loves Train (Tutorial)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2022 10:59 pm
New Edition - (Can you stand the rain)
Piano Tutorial

0 Replies