Post to a certain sub forum

mlrich

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:08 am
I can not for the life of me figure out how to post to a specific forum. I think I created a new forum for my last post but it is very unclear. I also can not find help or a faq section.

roger

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:18 am
@mlrich,
mlrich wrote:

I think I created a new forum for my last post but it is very unclear.

You got it! If you tag a topic or question, your tag becomes a forum. Of course, that means thousands of forums exist, so it's not really very useful for most of us.

We now have a forum called "Post Topic".
mlrich

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:22 am
@roger,
So if I tag something it will be categorized with all the same tags by other posters, right? Is it possible to edit the tags? Right now I can not edit anything. I assume it is because I just set up a new account.
roger

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:27 am
@mlrich,
Editing posts has a time limit, about five minutes, if I recall correctly.

Editing tags should always be possible. Look at your tags for each topic and see if there isn't a red X. If so you should be able to click it to delete the tag. You can then replace it with what you want.

I haven't done this in ages, but I think that's how it works. You cannot delete or retag someone else's topic, of course.
mlrich

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:27 am
lol, I just searched or the forum called "post topic" thinking I might find more insight. I soon realized it was mine!
mlrich

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:29 am
@roger,
Thanks for your help!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:29 am
@mlrich,
Yes, it's a fairly unique tag/forum name. There! You've done something no one else though of. I hope that makes you feel good.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Post to a certain sub forum
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:24:44