Conservative Jewish Congregation - do I need to wear a hat?

mac11

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:55 am
I'm glad to hear that you were properly covered, ehBeth.

And yes, non-dairy lemon mousse sounds really bad. Sort of like furniture polish.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:00 pm
Glad that you had a good time! Very Happy

I still can't figure a Conservative Jewish congregation that sits women in the balcony. As a kid, I have been to an Orthodox shul, but the women sat in the cheap seats, on the side. It was only the ultra-Orthodox synagogues where the women sat upstairs!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:09 pm
Phoenix, I was talking to one of the brothers of the bride, and he says the congregation is moving to be recognized as Orthodox (<shrug> whaddo I know), although it is still technically Conservative. Luckily the balcony screen turned out to be plexiglass, so we could actually see everything.

It was interesting that the Canadian family was so much more into all the traditions than the family that flew in from Israel. The Israelis were quite bemused by some of the singing and dancing and carrying on. Not what they're used to at all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:10 pm
and nobody, ever, should have to be exposed to non-dairy lemon mousse. frightful.

The brisket however was fabulous!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:12 pm
mmm brisket... thats some good meat!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:14 pm
I make a decent brisket................when I have the patience to cook it for as long as you are supposed to! Laughing
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:16 pm
this is true... brisket does call for some long hours of cooking, but if done right the rewards is a filling one
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:07:04