Wait? Is Mexico a Province of India? Weird bits of Movie Trivia?

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 11:43 am
Crocodile 2: Death Swamp is a low budget schlockfest of a Y grade horror flick set in a Mexican swamp somewhere near Acapulco, Mexico.

Indian and Pakistani actors are cast as Mexicans (okay... basically as nonspeaking for the most part... extras).

What other weird bits of movie trivia can you share with us?

centrox

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 11:55 am
Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho was the first film to ever show a toilet flush.

The red Swingline stapler coveted by Milton in Office Space was created specifically for the film by the prop department. When the film came out, Swingline received thousands of requests for red staplers. Despite discontinuing the colour years before, Swingline brought it back due to popular demand and the red stapler has been its best seller ever since.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 04:58 am
the live action version of 101 Dalmations has racoons living wild in the English countryside.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 05:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

the live action version of 101 Dalmations has racoons living wild in the English countryside.

Context, ... please?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 06:03 am
@tsarstepan,
The only racoons in Britain are in zoos.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 06:09 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks. Get it now.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 06:17 am
@tsarstepan,
What got me was this particular Disney film came out after Pocahontas, where the racoon is a pretty major character, so is the settler's reaction to such a strange beast.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 06:50 am
@centrox,
You'll be hard pressed to find a properly staffed I.T. department without at least 1.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 06:59 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You'll be hard pressed to find a properly staffed I.T. department without at least 1.

For a second, I thought you were replying to Izzy's raccoon post. And it kind of threw me for a loop reading the sentence as "hard pressed to find a properly staffed I.T. department without at least [one raccoon]." That would be awesome if that was the case.
chai2

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 08:36 am
@tsarstepan,
A racoon with a stapler would be worrisome to me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wait? Is Mexico a Province of India? Weird bits of Movie Trivia?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:51:25