What should I do?

RyanO45

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:27 pm
At this current moment, I'm sitting in my room and my parents are arguing right next to me. Probably the most inconvenient time to write this but I need to know what I should do as fast as possible.

It started with my mom coming back from the emergency room after she fell this morning and her face was swollen. She came back just about an hour ago from now and 30 minutes after she came back. She came into my room and since my dad was in my room, she started crying and yelling at my dad. I heard a few things on like paying for food, Visa and a few other things that she said in English but I don't know the whole story. I asked my mom what the problem was. She told me to "learn" and I'm assuming that this means learn Chinese. She clearly doesn't want me to know something. I really don't know what I should do in this situation because I have never been in the middle of an argument like this between my parents where one of my parents is yelling at the other with the other being calm. I'm really scared since I don't know what's going to happen to them or myself after this.

So what should I do? My mom doesn't want me to know what she's talking about so I won't end up knowing and I want to stop anything before it starts.

UPDATE: It's currently 5:40PM EST and the fighting has stopped for a few minutes so far. I really hope it doesn't start again. I will keep you updated if it does.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 447 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:35 pm
@RyanO45,
Of course this is upsetting; that part is completely understandable.

You have every right to tell your parents: it upsets me when you argue.

Whether they use that information to stop arguing, or take it elsewhere, or start to yell at you, is in their hands.

You can also get up and walk away. Got a phone? Call a friend. Take your schoolwork with you. "I'm going to Justin's house to study and we'll get pizza tonight. I'll be home at 9." (or something similar to that)

Then go.

I can't promise the fighting will stop but at least you don't have to be in the thick of it, which is an incredibly unfair position for your mother to have put you into.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:45 pm
@RyanO45,
I don't what to read anything into this, and so I'll just ask this first. Did you see your mother fall this morning?
RyanO45

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 04:18 pm
@Glennn,
No. She was out for church and then went to buy groceries I think. Can't recall but when she went for groceries, she told me she something about a car being on one side and she didn't see a curb, tripped on it and fell that way.
Glennn

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 04:28 pm
@RyanO45,
Okay. Just making sure that domestic violence is not an issue here.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What should I do?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:07:55