Will you go partying on the day your partner had her first operation?

NBY

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:25 pm
I had an operation and stayed at hospital for 2days.
The operation was completed successfully at noon, and my boyfriend visited me at evening for 20minutes and left for partying till the morning, on the day I've been operated and my 1st night at hospital.

He said, he would go partying on the day after I gave a birth.

I think it's lack of morals, kindness, consideration.
What is your opinion?

centrox

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:38 pm
@NBY,
NBY wrote:
What is your opinion?

It's my opinion too. You don't need this jerk in your life.
0 Replies

Krumple

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:47 pm
@NBY,
NBY wrote:

I had an operation and stayed at hospital for 2days.
The operation was completed successfully at noon, and my boyfriend visited me at evening for 20minutes and left for partying till the morning, on the day I've been operated and my 1st night at hospital.

He said, he would go partying on the day after I gave a birth.

What is your opinion?

I wouldn't say morally wrong but definately inconsiderate.

Next time he wants sex say okay you can but I'm going to a party.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:38 pm
@NBY,
Definitely lacking in tact and thoughtfulness. I'd just dump him, tell him you have realized that you need somebody more mature and ready to participate in a relationship.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Thu 27 Apr, 2017 08:04 am
@NBY,
I think it was certainly inconsiderate. And his comment about how he would go out partying even after you would give birth is even more inconsiderate and down right disgusting.

I think it is time to find a new boyfriend. This one is not ready for a relationship.
0 Replies

NBY

Thu 27 Apr, 2017 12:51 pm
@centrox, Krumplem tibbleinparadise, CoastalRat

Thank you for your reply and opinions, and I'm relieved to know you agreed with me.
It helps me a lot!!
NBY

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 03:28 am
@NBY,
Hi guys,
I need your help, do you think there is any way to explain him why it is inconsiderate?
I want him to understand it.

He said it is normal among his friends, and there is nothing he can do staying at home anyway.
roger

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 03:34 am
@NBY,
Tell him the truth, which is that he isn't being the least bit supportive. You might go so far as to tell him that he really doesn't seem to be the man you thought he was.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 05:30 am
This guy is showing you his character and his values. Be aware. It doesnt change.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:38 am
@NBY,
NBY wrote:

Hi guys,
I need your help, do you think there is any way to explain him why it is inconsiderate?
I want him to understand it.

How old is he? Are we talking late teenager? Early twenty something? If so, you're looking at someone with a low/slow developing emotional intelligence. You could give him a break but he might be slow to the uptake.

If we're talking late 20s or older? He's possibly a lost cause. Try and explain it to him. Depending on how understanding he is at that point? Determine if the relationship is worth saving.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:39 am
@NBY,
He lacks some of the basic tools a person needs to be successful in a relationship. I, personally, would not take it upon myself to teach my partner how to be a partner. There are a lot of guys out there. Leave this one so he can grow up and find yourself one that understands the role of a partner in a relationship.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 28 Apr, 2017 09:10 am
"He said, he would go partying on the day after I gave a birth."

I don't understand this sentence. Is giving birth the operation you are talking about?

In any case, he seems like a lot of guys that don't know what to do when visiting someone in the hospital. A mature person sucks it up and considers the ill person first. The fact that he doesn't know what to do with himself reveals that he really has no clue how to be a partner or homeowner or man with other interests besides partying.
0 Replies

Medusax

Sun 30 Apr, 2017 11:30 am
@NBY,
He is a jerk, plain and simple.
0 Replies

NBY

Thu 4 May, 2017 05:57 am
Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding, and thank you for your opinions.
I had to think it over his arguments - it's only shoulder operation, and there is no difference in caring about me between staying at home alone and drinking with his friends till morning.
I think he has a good point...

But it was a serious operation that I mustn't move the shoulder for 6weeks staying at home, the rehabilitation takes about 8months.
And it was my first operation in my life, feeling insecure, especially the day I had the operation.

So I wanted his support, staying with me at hospital as long as he could, and be there for me but not partying.

Well... I don't know anymore, if I'm just being childish.
Once more, thank you guys!!

centrox

Thu 4 May, 2017 06:44 am
You are not being childish. He is.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Thu 4 May, 2017 07:47 am
@NBY,
It isn't unreasonable to ask your significant other for support. Do you "need" the support (are you being childish)? You are the one that gets to decide if you want or need support in a particular situation. If he declines to offer support when you ask for it, expect this behavior to continue. The simple answer is he probably just doesn't really care what your wants or needs are, or he thinks he's better capable to assess YOUR wants or needs.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Will you go partying on the day your partner had her first operation?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:44:10