Was it too Soon?

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 05:30 am

So I met this guy online and we liked each other. We started dating and after 3 months he got us tickets to Paris. Everything was good. Before trip we were going out and had fun. While we were in Paris we had fun but we had silent moments as well. I thought maybe we both just need space.
We came back and I feel he ignores me a bit. He does not reply my texts that often, does not invite out.

I do not want to freak out cos I feel I need space as well after 5 days spending with him in tiny hotel room. 24/7 together.
But i kinda start worrying that maybe the trip was a mistake and we were not ready yet. maybe it was just TOO early for us and now he does not want to see me anymore.
I am trying to stay calm, but do not know what to do. Try to talk to him or just leave him alone and wait.
Please advice what to do.

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 05:46 am
You really do need to ask HIM.

He should be able to tell you what's happening with his feelings - even if it's that he's just not that in to you.

And you need to accept whatever he says and move on, if needed.

Humster12

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 05:59 am
@PUNKEY,
But how to ask him? I do not want to look like a freaking out gf Sad
tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:30 am
@Humster12,
Do this in person...

"Hey, I had a great time with you in Paris, it was a really fun experience for me! Something that's been bothering me a little, since we got back, I feel like we are a bit disconnected. Is there anything on your mind that you'd like to talk about, anything troubling you?"
Humster12

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:06 am
@tibbleinparadise,
I will this. Thank you. do you think it is bad sign that during the trip we had silent moments? we were not arguing or something just sometimes walked the streets and did not talk. He always hold my hand thou
0 Replies

Humster12

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:08 am
@tibbleinparadise,
I will try this. Thank you. do you think it is bad sign that during the trip we had silent moments? we were not arguing or something just sometimes walked the streets and did not talk. He always hold my hand thou
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:26 am
@Humster12,
Humster12 wrote:

So I met this guy online and we liked each other. We started dating and after 3 months he got us tickets to Paris. Everything was good. Before trip we were going out and had fun.

Necessary context is needed here. What country are you from? Canada, US, England? Some where else? If you live in ... say the UK? A trip to Paris is basically a quick jaunt and not necessarily implying that your relationship together is particularly advanced into a more developed phrase.

On the other hand, if you really travelled several thousand miles for this trip? Unless he's some kind of millionaire who jaunts off across the globe on a whim? Maybe he thought your relationship was tighter and more grown than it actually was. Maybe he was considering dropping the marriage bomb at some point. But...

Quote:
While we were in Paris we had fun but we had silent moments as well.

What do you mean here? That your trip and time together wasn't filled with constant fun, partying, and/or deep intellectual discussion? Or are you talking about particularly awkward silences and unmentioned tension from unresolved arguments and acts of passive aggression?

Both could be a reason he discovered that maybe you're not that committed to the relationship where he figured that this isn't the point to bring up the above mentioned hypothetical marriage? Or could it be something else?

Quote:
Please advice what to do.

Sorry but ultimately, we can't provide any answers other than uninformed speculation.

Ask yourself:
What do you want from the relationship?
How far do you expect it to go?
Ask him the same two questions as well.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:29 am
@Humster12,
Humster12 wrote:

I will try this. Thank you. do you think it is bad sign that during the trip we had silent moments? we were not arguing or something just sometimes walked the streets and did not talk. He always hold my hand thou

You write this with more than strong implications that it really bothered you. Maybe you're not particularly in that age of maturity or state of mind where this is particularly welcomed.

For me as an introvert? This is the height of romance and a great sign that the chemistry between two people is perfect.
Humster12

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Thank you for your answer. I enjoyed the trip and had fun, just few friends said that silence is not good. That means that we just did not have anything to say to each other. We both are from London so it was not crazy trip for us.
I am just afraid that he did not enjoy and just waited until we come back home cos did not ruin the trip. But as I said he still was holding my hand and taking care of me, so maybe he was just tired and that's all.Hopefully
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:40 am
@Humster12,
There is a saying, "silence is golden". Some people do not thrive under constant chatter and appreciate quiet moments together (I'm one of those). It isn't a bad sign that there were periods of quiet, but it appears that you may feel differently.

Just bear in mind that there isn't a right or wrong here, just a need to be on the same page. Have a chat (in person) with him. Make sure to express your gratitude for the trip, and ask him what's up.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Was it too Soon?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:45:16