Do all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time or not?

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 03:33 am
Some people think that all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time to help the local community. They believe this would benefit both the individual teenager and society as a whole.
Do you agree or disagree?

It is true that some people believe that all young people must be forced to do unpaid work in their spare time. While I accept that this activity could give some advantages to both youngsters and their communities, I could argue that this should not be obliged.

On the one hand, there are some benefits of doing unpaid work for teenagers and society. Firstly, volunteer work allows young people to broaden their own knowledge about different fields and their communities through real experience. My friend, for instance, participated in a charity program organized by a non-profit organization from the US. During this event, he was able to communicate in English language constantly, giving him countless opportunities to improve his English skills. Furthermore, society has jobs done without financial fund needed. Consequently, local community can save a great deal to invest in other necessary public projects.

On the other hand, I do not agree that all teenagers must be forced to do unpaid work. The first reason is that the incredible pressure of studying at school accounts for a great deal of how teenagers spend their time. In other words, students are quite busy with many assignments which need to be perfectly completed. Moreover, youngsters have the right to decide what to do in their free time. As a result, young people could spend time to develop their hobbies, play sports, make new friends or enjoy other leisure activities.

In conclusion, it is certainly true that volunteer work may bring some benefits to young people and their community, but this is by no means it should be made compulsory.

Real Music

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 09:32 am
@dinhvuhoanganh,
No, I don't believe teenagers should be required to do unpaid work except for when they are doing their chores at home. On the other hand, I do believe that teenagers should be encourage to do volunteer work to help the local community.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 06:23 am
@dinhvuhoanganh,
A good work ethic and a mind for volunteerism has to be cultivated, not forced. You can't force somebody to be a good person.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time or not?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 07:51:21