Work at Home Scams

Noddy24

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:19 pm
Many thanks to:

http://www.scambusters.org/work-at-home.html

Home-Based Business/Work-At-Home Scams
Note: These scams are not ranked by dollars lost or people scammed. In fact, there's nothing scientific about the list. It's just the ten home-based business scams we find the most disturbing.

10. Craft Assembly

9. Medical Billing

8. Email Processing

7. "A List of Companies Looking for Homeworkers!"

6. "Just Call This 1-900 Number For More Information..."

5. Typing At Home

4. "Turn Your Computer Into a Money-Making Machine!"

3. Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)

2. Chain Letters/Emails ("Make Money Fast")

1. Envelope Stuffing

Ingenious perhaps... but certainly illegal and unethical.

Details available on the Scambusters Website.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,166 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
Well, Noddy. This is a good thing for folks to know who have entertained the idea of working out of their home, but I am perplexed about one thing. Why is this a featured thread?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:02 am
Letty--

I'm willing to bet if someone makes a better mousetrap or writes a better thread this this thread will be instantly demoted.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
Heh! Heh! Well, Noddy, I have seen several threads that have been featured with not one response. Seems strange.

Lightwizard explained to me some time ago what constituted a featured thread, and I see it's not very consistent.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:58 pm
What constitutes a featured thread?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:29 pm
Each forum contains 10 featured threads. Those threads stay at the top of the forum list, and have a different icon next to it, than a regular thread. Which threads they are are decided upon by a member who is in charge of featuring/defeaturing for a particular forum. Therefore, since there are to be only 10 featured threads, when one is added, another one needs to be defeatured.

Featured threads have to be well written, interesting and fresh. A thread does not have to have been answered, in order for it to be featured. Within the ten threads, there should be a diversity of subjects. In other words, in the auto forum, you would not have 5 threads about Alfa Romeo transmissions.

What is to be featured is a judgment call on the part of the person doing the featuring/defeaturing. and is appproved by the moderators. Just because a thread is NOT featured, does not mean that it is not a good one. Some popular forums have much more than ten superior threads, and all cannot be featured.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
Thanks Pheonix, I wasn't sure who does the featuring, but now I know
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
Craven had an announcement about looking for people to make the recommendations for featured topics... here 'tis:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32423
0 Replies