Boyfriend broke up with me, gave confusing reasons at first...

Btlynn

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 11:05 pm
So I was in a relationship with this guy for five years, everything seemed fine and then he left me out of no where saying he wasn't happy. Kept changing the reason every time i asked. I stopped trying to reach out to him because it was just all confusing in general. Anyways today he picked me up because i had asked him if we could talk so i could just get how i feel and stuff off my chest. We were suppose to meet next week but he randomly called me today to come get me and talk about it. He told me he still loves me, is still in love with me, cares about me, wants me to be okay and take care of myself. He did say he misses the "me" he fell in love with five years ago. When i asked him to explain why he wasn't happy/isn't he told me that it is the relationship, over the past year we have been fighting over the tiniest things. I owned up to my part saying i could of acted another way instead of the way i did when we did have our tiny arguments and he owned up saying he could of just not done what he did to cause the argument. We both agreed on no contact because he wants space, I asked how long should we do this no contact and he said he doesn't know to be honest because he doesn't even understand all of it himself (idk if that makes sense) so he will be the one to reach out to me. I am however not going to sit here and just wait day after day for his call. I understand this doesn't mean he WILL come back because honestly he said he doesn't know either but isn't thinking about the possibility of another girl trying to talk to him ( he seemed a tad upset when i mentioned it) or finding another girl.Also idk if this helps the situation at all but we were each others first. I don't know guys i just need some opinions on what y'all think that he will come back to be with me or.....? Either way I know I will be okay with or without him.

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 04:34 am
What are your ages?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 07:11 am
@Btlynn,
Since you said that you were each other's first, I'm guessing you are fairly young. Personally, I'd just move on from this one. He's either already met somebody (hence the getting mad when you mentioned it) or he's just ready for something different. He's also wanting the room and freedom to meet other girls and sort out what he's looking for.

Don't wait around on him. Go be young and enjoy yourself, there is a whole world of other guys out there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 08:30 am
He's trying to be nice about breaking up and he's not going about it well at all.

Relationships alter and evolve and change and sometimes people are left behind or they speed up or the like. So consider that to be the reason, that you two drifted apart, and leave it at that.

It is entirely possible he has met someone else. In the meantime, whether he has or he has not, he has taken all of the power in this dynamic, by insisting that he be the one to make contact when he feels it's right.

That's extremely one-sided.

Mourn the end of the relationship for maybe a month (you were together for a while, and this is a thoroughly appropriate response), and then move on. You don't always have to have a boyfriend, but start spending more time with friends and in public, social situations. And let your friends know you are open to a few new experiences. Not a new relationship - more, to meet people and have fun.

And if one of those fun people turns into something more, then awesome. And if they don't, then you will still be having fun and getting out among people. This is a bit of a numbers game, so the more out and about you are, the better the odds.

I think you'll come to the realization that you're better off.
0 Replies

Btlynn

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 09:44 pm
@PUNKEY,
Im 23 he is 21
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boyfriend broke up with me, gave confusing reasons at first...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:14:47