Why do taxpayers put up with their money being wasted?

Badboy

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 05:27 am
I read in a newspaper that the Inland Revenue(UK) has during the last 30 odd years been trying to answer a question by a then-school boy(now about 50 years old) why April 5 is the start of the tax year,they had meetings/memos etc etc exchanging hands for approxiametly 30 years trying to answer this question!

ITS GOOD TO HEAR HOW THEY WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 870 • Replies: 4
No top replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:25 am
This is a very good topic bad boy. A lot of countries have this problem. They waste so much money. You could halve the tax rates if you took out all the money that they waste. We should add an additional 20% of tax to muslims which would result in them suicide bombing the taxation offices.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:44 am
Do you have statistics to support the assertion that more than 50% of government spending in any nation is spent pushing paper around?
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:50 am
Not at all, but I believe they waste a lot of money. What about the loans to Iraq that a lot of countries are writing off. That is a total way of taxpayers money.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 08:42 am
I work for the State Government and have worked for the FEDS, you bet they waste money. They will all tell you the "Private Sector" just does not understand.

When I had saved the government aprox 30K in "Travel" by scheduling "known events" way in advance and asking for deals from Hotels, which glady gave it to get $ in advance and solid room bookings, I was called into the CFO's office and told I was overstepping, and that they would just stick with the current plan. BECAUSE you SPEND it or LOOSE it.

The truth is YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
0 Replies