Is this a good thing to send to my crush?

OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:33 pm
I am not sure if I'm even going to able to hit send on this message, but I have been wanting to ask you something for a while and I can't get myself to say anything at school. I try and start a conversation but just end up backing down not able to gather enough courage to....I think (more or less hope) that it has been apparent that I have had a crush on you for 4 or so months and I was just wondering how you felt about me. I'm not trying to ask you out or anything I was just wondering if you liked me at all. I truthfully don't know if you're in a relationship with anyone at the moment, and I never really thought of asking because of the awkwardness it might cause. I am sorry to go on a rambling spree thing, but I just had a lot of questions and I think I might have finally gotten enough courage to accept being rejected if it comes to it. Also sorry I had to send a link, Instagram didn’t like me sending an entire essay Razz

I think I am fine with whatever you say finally and I hope you don't find this too awkward.

Also I don't want to admit how much time I have spent writing, trying to find the correct words, or contemplating whether or not to send this.

I was just wondering if this is a thing I should send to my crush or if this would push any boundaries I shouldn't. I guess all I'm asking to to get a second opinion on this.

roger

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:45 pm
@OwenXx,
I would not send it. Anything besides face to face conversation sends a message of weakness, and that is not what you want.
OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:47 pm
@roger,
Face to face with her is me making a joke with nothing to follow up. I will accept weakness if it means her getting to know how I feel
OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:49 pm
@OwenXx,
Also she is a year younger than me and are in lower parts of high school. I hope I have more than one chance to try
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:49 pm
@OwenXx,
Don't confess feelings.

Just ask something like -

I really enjoy spending time with you. Would you like to get a soda (or coffee, if you prefer) this weekend?

That's your script. Don't just toss out a stream of consciousness like "I like you but I'm not really asking you out because I have no idea if you're in a relationship and I'm terrified of being rejected and ...."

You have been hanging around for four months and building this whole thing up, I am sure. If you aren't clear in your intentions, then your crush will just think, oh, that's nice and things will not have changed one iota.

Please skip this utterly unnecessary step. It's just another way to build things up even more give you more terror and more feelings of awkwardness so that you can wait another four months or more. Plus it gives you a second chance to be rejected.

Get the asking out part out now. Don't hesitate. Seize the day. If your crush in a relationship, then they will tell you. If not, and they are interested, they will be receptive. If they aren't in a relationship, but are still not interested, then I hope they will be kind enough to let you down gently.

No matter what, it will be better than not knowing.

Your note, as it stands (and you're sending it through Instagram, of all places? I hope you realize there's pretty much no privacy there), does not give you the opportunity to either end this mental stalemate or at least get more information.

Make this communication work for you.
Ragman

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:50 pm
@roger,
If weak and really desperate is how you want to come across, then go right ahead.
0 Replies

OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:52 pm
@jespah,
Instgram dm and she doesn't have any other form of messaging that I know of
jespah

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:54 pm
@OwenXx,
You see her at school. Talk to her in person.
OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:00 pm
@jespah,

I guess I don't really know why I posted this. I guess i send it like this this is just who I am and wanting her to accept me as. I am not trying to start dating just more wanting to know if the coast is clear to ask her if I felt like it was time. Thank you guys for replying and I want to do what she would expect of me later instead of doing a textbook rehearsal for asking her out. Thanks again and I think this will just be how I want to progress. Also I may be over thinking it because this is the first time I have really felt this for someone and I haven't dated/had a girlfriend in the past so I think I'll just trust my confidence along on this one and if I get rejected I might ask for advice later.
0 Replies

OwenXx

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 06:28 pm
@jespah,
It feels good to have sent that but I have no idea on how to take the response although I feel like I got big timed friend zoned but I live with it.
0 Replies

OwenXx

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 08:38 pm
@jespah,
Can you help me enterpret her response? She said "I don't want thing to be awkward at all it's fine right now and in a few months you'll get over me so problem solved 😬" that's the exact quote misspells and all. I might be missing an obvious sign just because I am a little too optimistic or because this is my first time ever trying to ask a person out or just because she is the only person who I can really relate too. I AM CLUELESS WHEN MY EMOTIONS GET THE UPPERHAND ON ME.
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 09:22 pm
@OwenXx,
OwenXx wrote:

Can you help me enterpret her response? She said "I don't want thing to be awkward at all it's fine right now and in a few months you'll get over me so problem solved 😬" that's the exact quote misspells and all. I might be missing an obvious sign just because I am a little too optimistic or because this is my first time ever trying to ask a person out or just because she is the only person who I can really relate too. I AM CLUELESS WHEN MY EMOTIONS GET THE UPPERHAND ON ME.

Owen,

Shes not interested. Shes telling you that you should get over her.
jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 03:35 am
@Krumple,
Exactly.

As for the original poster - please accept what she is saying on its face. She does not want to have that sort of a relationship with you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this a good thing to send to my crush?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 04:55:24