Bed time

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 08:11 am
I've had my shiba for about 7 months now. She's 10 months old and has always slept through the night in her crate. Even if we keep it open, she goes in her crate to sleep. We lock it at night, because she chews things. The last two nights shes been constantly shaking her crate and whining. We take her out, she pees, then does it again as soon as she goes back in her crate. So, I let her out of her crate and into the living room. She woke us up howling terribly, which she doesn't do often. I don't know what to do with her. I'm not sleeping. Any advice is appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 731 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 03:20 pm
@kylieisabeepp,
Just been 2 nights? Take her to a vet and check for UI. Shiba's hate to mess where they sleep so could be having some kind of soreness relieving herself. Making noise for no reason should also be an alarm something is off.

My first advice would be visit a vet for full checkup.
kylieisabeepp

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 04:19 pm
@McGentrix,
I've already made an appointment for tomorrow. Just hoping for some advice to get us both through the night. I also noticed she was screaming when I left the last two days. She's never done that either.
Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:34 pm
@kylieisabeepp,
kylieisabeepp wrote:

I've already made an appointment for tomorrow. Just hoping for some advice to get us both through the night. I also noticed she was screaming when I left the last two days. She's never done that either.

Possible separation anxiety? If they howl once and it caused you to show up and shower her with affection, she learned it worked once maybe it'll work again. So when she's alone or gets lonely she howls to get you to appear.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:46 pm
@Krumple,
Nah, Shiba's can really care less if you hang out with them. I swear they are half cat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:58 pm
@kylieisabeepp,
Has she been spayed?

(It's probably tomorrow already and you'll have talked to the vet, I hope your girldog feels better soon and that you're all sleeping well)
0 Replies