And Then The Murders Began ... Opening Line Game

Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:03 pm
@McGentrix,
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

"It's not like I'm using," Case heard someone say, as he shouldered his way through the crowd around the door of the Chat. "It's like my body's developed this massive drug deficiency." It was a Sprawl voice and a Sprawl joke. The Chatsubo was a bar for professional expatriates; you could drink there for a week and never hear two words in Japanese.

Ratz was tending bar, h is prosthetic arm jerking monotonously as he filled a tray of glasses with draft Kirin. He saw Case and smiled, his teeth a webwork of East European steel and brown decay. Case found a place at the bar, between the unlikely tan on one of Lonny Zone's whores and the crisp naval uniform of a tall African whose cheekbones were ridged with precise rows of tribal scars. "Wage was in here early, with two joeboys," Ratz said, shoving a draft across the bar with his good hand. "Maybe some business with you, Case?"

Case shrugged. The girl to his right giggled and nudged him and then the murders began.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm
Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned: Introibo ad altare Dei.

Halted, he peered down the dark winding stairs and called out coarsely:

Come up, Kinch! Come up, you fearful Jesuit!

...and then the murders began.

Ulysses, by James Joyce
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:47 pm
They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're altogether ooky,
The Addams Family.

Their house is a museum
When people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
Then the murders begin.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
And then the murders began...

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
BY SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
riverrun, past Eve and Adam’s, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs. And the murders began.

Finnegans Wake
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:02 am
In the early nineties (it might have been 1992, but it's hard to remember when you're having a good time) I joined a rock-and-roll band composed mostly of writers. And then the murders began . . .

On Writing by Stephen King
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:24 am
In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf. One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and -- pop! -- out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar. And then the murders began . . .

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:37 am
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And Then The Murders Began.

The Holy Bible: King James Version
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:40 am
The creation of Dianetics is a milestone for Man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his inventions of the wheel and the arch.

And Then The Murders Began.

Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:43 am
The four children were lying on the grass.

And Then The Murders Began

The Getting of Wisdom
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:47 am
Morning has broken
Like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken
Like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
And then the murders began
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:49 am
One day, Little Sal went with her mother to Blueberry Hill to pick blueberries.

Blueberries for Sal
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:55 am
We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and to restore its promise for all of our people.

REMARKS OF PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP
INAUGURAL ADDRESS
FRIDAY, JANUARY 20, 2017
WASHINGTON, D.C.
(i quoted the first line of substance, the actual first line was just acknowledgements of dignitaries present)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:04 am
Say kids. What time is it?

It's Howdy Doody Time.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:06 am
Go ahead, Charlie Brown. Kick the football. I promise not to move it this time.
And then the murders began . . .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:23 am
Quote:
Over some flasks of the red Chian wine, within the walls of a noble hall, in a dim city called Ptolemais, we sat, at night, a company of seven. And to our chamber there was no entrance save by a lofty door of brass: and the door was fashioned by the artizan Corinnos, and, being of rare workmanship, was fastened from within. Black draperies, likewise, in the gloomy room, shut out from our view the moon, the lurid stars, and the peopleless streets — but the boding and the memory of Evil, they would not be so excluded. There were things around us and about of which I can render no distinct account — things material and spiritual. Heaviness in the atmosphere — a sense of suffocation — anxiety — and above all, that terrible state of existence which the nervous experience when the senses are keenly living and awake, and meanwhile the powers of thought lie dormant. A dead weight hung upon us.

...and then the murders began...

Shadow - Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque by Edgar A Poe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 01:18 pm
In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone," he told me, " just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.".

And then the murders began.

The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 01:20 pm
When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. And then the murders began.

- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 01:29 pm
I found my thrill
On Blueberry Hill,
On Blueberry Hill,
When I found you.

The moon stood still
On Blueberry Hill
And lingered until
My dream came true.

Blueberry Hill, Fats Domino
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:09:45