Workplace issue with my boss

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 03:47 pm
I had a fling with my married boss starting 2 years ago. It continued for about a year. It was on and off as occasionally he would get that stab of guilt until and he almost got caught by the wife. Ever since we agreed to stop fooling around things at work have been awkward (It's been about 13 months now).
He's fine when giving me tasks to do both over the phone and in person, but if I was to be in the same room with him, I feel tension and there's an awkward silence. If he is standing around and I walk near him, he would turn around and walk away. There's no eye contact with each other when walking by. We don't chat but he will with everyone else.
I too am behaving the same way. What do I do?

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 03:51 pm
@Willow86,
Find another job.

Seriously. This situation is lousy and it's not likely to improve. Get out now and salvage your work reputation. And make sure, even if he cannot give you a recommendation, that at least he can confirm you worked there for however long you did.

And this is Reason #438 why you don't date where you work.

You can fix this by leaving. It is highly unlikely to be fixable any other way.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:10 pm
I agree. Change jobs ASAP.

There is no way you can have a good employee/boss relationship with that past holding over your head and his attitude.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:15 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Find another job.

Seriously. This situation is lousy and it's not likely to improve. Get out now and salvage your work reputation. And make sure, even if he cannot give you a recommendation, that at least he can confirm you worked there for however long you did.

And this is Reason #438 why you don't date where you work.

You can fix this by leaving. It is highly unlikely to be fixable any other way.

Jespah, its reason #437. You are losing your edge. Everyone knows, reason #438 is the potential for being blackmailed.
jespah

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 07:59 am
@Krumple,
Dayum!

/updates scorecard/
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Workplace issue with my boss
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:16:54