Idol worship: I'm obsessed with Nini Camps!!!

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
Am I losing my mind? I have been going to see this singer/songwriter for the past two-three years now, and I just LOVE her! Her name is Nini Camps.

She plays in New York about every three months or so, and it's not like she's some superstar or anything. She plays the Bitter End all the time, and places like that, which are small, intimate bars. On a packed night there might be a hundred people.

But she f*cking rocks! When I see her, it's like I'm having an auditory orgasm for an hour.

So what the hell is it that makes me go so bonkers for her? It's like her voice is a living thing, and it goes through the air like a bullet and just blasts into the heart of me. Each time I see her, I'm blown away all over again.

Has this kind of thing ever happened to you? You don't know why exactly, but for some reason, a certain performer just gets down deep into you?

A funny thing about it is that I have had plenty of opportunities to talk to her, but i get all shy and never say anything. Isn't that idiotic? I'm a grown f*cking man, and I'm afraid to tell this unknown singer that I think she's great. It's total insanity, this idol worship stuff.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 11
No top replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
wow kicky, i didn't know you were that deep:-)

*wink*

You should tell her love, you tell us things here that would make grandmothers roll in their graves...

...buck up little brother....YOU can do it!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:10 pm
Can I? I don't know if I can. What I'd really like to do is find a way to give her the recognition that I think she deserves. I'd like to make that chick a f*cking star!
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:15 pm
I guess i am somewhat taken aback by your shyness...does she have a CD out..is there somewhere i can hear her music <other than coming to NY>...exposure is the only way to get the word out..

Eva Cassidy did that for me too Kick...not a real well known performer before she died...but her voice was one of the most versatile instruments I have heard...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:24 pm
Here's a video of her with some other unknown band. Smile

http://www.ninicamps.com/video/NiniTheWaif.mov

And here's a picture. Ain't she just the cutest!?

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQAeA3EXzLM7CjcAlDPoS2c7UNL1lsUnmjF7jqQ0guPDdcwNvj61376Pz0VOE!iTbrF3tlbmDSqVC*EDQtX7dAUGIHdYrKzLSNIRbgmGZ91Um9N3fR0JNg/lemurs.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:30 pm
Oh my God! I just noticed that she's going to be in Rochester on November 5th! I have to go e-mail all my old friends. Later!
0 Replies

thommas

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:20 am
Nini Campa & some UNKNOWN Band?
what rock did you just crawl out from under?; THE WAIFS are the BIGGEST Band in Australia...sheeeesh...i love Nini too, but obsessions like yours make you blind to the rest of the world and a danger to the free world at large?...is Nini aware you are STALKING her?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:24 am
You might wanna have that attitude checked out, thommas - looks like it could be startin' to fester.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:36 am
I've been there kicky. Most of the time, my idol-worship centered on female singers who not only had great, intriguing voices, but who were also really really good looking. There was a blonde from a short-lived indie band here in Toronto called The Uncarved Block who had mad talent, and the looks to match. I wasn't shy about talking to her, and the other guys in the band though, because when I am totally blown away by talent (they were really unique with their sound), I just make the introductions.

There was also a brief fascination with Margo Timmins from The Cowboy Junkies, while they were still a hard-working local band, just playing clubs. I used to see them a lot before they got famous, and a friendly "man, you guys rocked tonight" resulted in the lovely Margo saying, "Nah, we kind of sucked tonight, have a free record." :cool:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:46 am
Eva Cassidy....now there was a singer.
0 Replies

thommas

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 08:34 pm
zip it =Mr. Justin TimbeauLake; if you want your own opinions ONLY than i suggest you go into the closet and crowd yourself with ONLY YoU;

as for the Cowboy Jumkies Man; Yes Margot is a nice woman; Great Band as are so many of the Canadian Female Singer-Songwriters; tho i am from NY and work in the Music Industry; my vote goes hands down to the Emm Gryners, Sarah Sleans, Sarah Harmers, Martina Sorbaras and Holly McNarlands (et al) of the world; =all Canadian Goddesses; and YeS i know them and Yes they know me and Yes it is okay to say hello and be friendly; these girls are pretty famous in Canada; on the cover of Mags (like Chart) and Juno Nominees; 'but' when they come to the States they are very interested in the support they are given and meeting their fans...

it's alright that You Love Nini; she's a sweetheart and she doesn't bite either; do yourself the favour of introducing yourself next time and you will both be enriched for the endeavor and you'll feel so much better and brighter too!;

kind regards;

thommas
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 08:39 pm
Thommas,

I wrote her an e-mail asking her to marry me. Never got a response. Is that bad?
0 Replies