Telling a girl I'm interested in her

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:24 pm
Hey guys, I'm new here.
I just wanted to get your opinions on something.
there's a girl I've known for about 2 weeks and I like her....she has a lot of great qualities.
I met her here at a kind of treatment facility in a social setting. She is about 8 years older than me (I'm 28..she's 36).
We've talked for some time before about dating and how she has met some real bad ppl and she wants companionship alot.

Here's dhere I want some opinions....I'm really not good at making the first move..all the previous flings I've had with girls has involved them always making the first move..but I really like this girl so I'm gonna go for it.

Here is what I plan to say:

"Hey (insert name), listen. I'm gonna be leaving in a couple of days but I just wanted to tell you that when you first told me about the amount of trouble you've had in your past couple relationships I was really surprised.
I just want you to know that whoever you do end up with will be really lucky..your kind/intelligent/ and really attractive. I wouldn't change a single thing about you and I hope they realize that they'll be getting the full package"

The idea is that I hope she'll take the compliment to heart and see the direction I'm going in.

Please let me know your opinions.
Thnx

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:29 pm
@Andrew12345,
If you said that to me, I'd think you were encouraging me to go and meet someone else.

I would not understand that as an indication that you were interested in me.
Andrew12345

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I was kinda thinking this as well.
I was trying to come up with a way of showing interest without the risk of rejection..I guess that's not possible.
Looks like I'll just have to man up.
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:05 pm
@Andrew12345,
Andrew12345 wrote:

I was kinda thinking this as well.
I was trying to come up with a way of showing interest without the risk of rejection..I guess that's not possible.
Looks like I'll just have to man up.

You shouldn't plan what you are going to say.

A good method is to be playful about letting her know so she makes a memory of it.

To heavy of compliments before she likes you will make you sound either desperate or clingy.

I say you should change your mind about rejection.

First if she does, so what? Not the end of the world.

Second if she doesn't feel you are right for her then good, it stops before she realizes it later and chests on you.

Third there is always another opportunity, always.

Change your mindset on rejection. I use it as a way to entertain myself. I purposely put myself into that uncomfortable just so I can see if I can get out of it.

Humor is always a good route even if you are sneaking in the idea that you like her.

What are you afraid of?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm
A guy I had talked with in chem class, off and on over a few weeks, caught up to me after I left class and asked me out, a famous to me scene I've described here before, as I was so surprised one of my contact lenses fled to the corner of that eye. Anyway, he had gotten tickets to go hear Coltrane..
I struggled, entirely embarrassed, got the lens back in place, and then we went and got coffee.

He remains a favorite boyfriend. He married the woman after me, a better fit re their interests, and I still wish them well a million years later.

I have a feeling that the internet makes people feel more fearful.

Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

A guy I had talked with in chem class, off and on over a few weeks, caught up to me after I left class and asked me out, a famous to me scene I've described here before, as I was so surprised one of my contact lenses fled to the corner of that eye. Anyway, he had gotten tickets to go hear Coltrane..
I struggled, entirely embarrassed, got the lens back in place, and then we went and got coffee.

He remains a favorite boyfriend. He married the woman after me, a better fit re their interests, and I still wish them well a million years later.

I have a feeling that the internet makes people feel more fearful.

No guys are out of practice talking, interacting because all they do is text. And a lot would rather get her number through a friend of hers and text to ask her out. There is less physical interaction.
centrox

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 05:29 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
No guys are out of practice talking, interacting because all they do is text.

Humanity is turning into a race of dweebs.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:59 am
@Andrew12345,
"Hey ___, I am so glad I met you. I'm leaving soon and I really want to stay in touch. Here's my contact info. (insert contact info here) And when you're out, give me a call and let's get a coffee, okay?"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Telling a girl I'm interested in her
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:28:32