Third Month Mania: Donald Trump Twitter Madness!

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 10:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
This will be studied for years, if there are any universities left for any of us to get to go to.

Yes, I agree. I'm still scratching my head. The Trumpsters seem to be very pleased with his performance in this surreal circus. It will take a battalion of psychologists and sociologists many years to figure this whole thing out.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 10:49 pm
@McGentrix,
Every president is criticized, scrutinized and mocked. It's to be expected. But even the worst of them took it like adults; like gentlemen. Until now, that is. Trump is bringing us to new lows of behavior.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 11:00 pm
@TomTomBinks,
And rolling back the regulations simply for the sake of undoing everything Obama did. No thought involved. I wonder who he's pandering to with this? I know a dozen people who hated Obama with such a passion that they were opposed to ANYTHING he could possibly do or say. (I suspect their motives were not political).
McGentrix

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 11:02 pm
@TomTomBinks,
ok, I see you made a more substantial post let's take a look.

"you guys" are those that do things like call him a petulant child. Some are even Canadians.

Why does a border wall scare you? Are you worried that some illegal immigrants may not die lost in the desert? It's hardly new that the Govt would spend money on what many would consider foolish. The current laws are trying to be enforced but the shitty liberal govts in various cities are trying to prevent that with the sanctuary city crap.

Other countries don't have illegal immigration on the same scale? Seen Europe lately?

Withdraw from the UN? Who is withdrawing from the UN?

Getting rid of trade agreements that are bad for the US? Hell yeah.

The countries on the ban list don't have functional govts. Who is doing the vetting? Are you so willing to allow radical Islamic terrorists into the country that a 90 day ban is so terrible? You guys keep going on like this is some permanent ban. Get over it. Is 90 days going to change the world or something?

I am pretty sure I will be quite happy in a couple years.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 11:05 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Quote:
This will be studied for years, if there are any universities left for any of us to get to go to.

Yes, I agree. I'm still scratching my head. The Trumpsters seem to be very pleased with his performance in this surreal circus. It will take a battalion of psychologists and sociologists many years to figure this whole thing out.

Figured what out? What is it that you guys are going on about?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 11:06 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

And rolling back the regulations simply for the sake of undoing everything Obama did. No thought involved. I wonder who he's pandering to with this? I know a dozen people who hated Obama with such a passion that they were opposed to ANYTHING he could possibly do or say. (I suspect their motives were not political).

Which regulations are you most concerned about and why?
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 01:46 pm
@McGentrix,
So if a 90 day ban isn't going to change the world, why is it so important? The "reason" for the ban was so we could re-evaluate OUR vetting system. Why can't that be done at any time, why is a ban required? What's going to happen in those 90 days? None of it makes any sense. I'm not afraid of a border wall, I just see it as a complete waste of time and money. It's a multi-billion busy work project. It won't solve the illegal immigration problem.
The "sanctuary cities" don't have anything to do with enforcing our laws on a federal level. There are laws in place, and have been in place for decades that require employers to find out if a prospective employee has the right to work in the US. And there are penalties for breaking these laws. If they were strictly enforced, no employer would risk the huge fines for hiring illegals. The illegals would find there were no jobs for them here and they would stop coming. Why is that so hard to understand? What's happening in Europe is not the same as what's happening here. They are flooded with huge numbers of refugees. They let them in as a humanitarian gesture. On our southern border we have a different situation. The word is out that if you can get across the border, you can easily find work. You can support yourself and send money back home, and hopefully get the rest of your family over here. It's on-going for many decades. That's not the way it's supposed to work. Instead of spending billions on a friggin stupid wall, they should use that money to hire more agents that would go into factories, farms, construction sites etc. and ask the employers to show their employees documentation. If it's nonexistent or wrong or obviously fake, the employer should be heavily fined, maybe even imprisoned. This would cure them of hiring illegals. Without work, they have no reason to sneak over here.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 06:15 am
And this year's Third Month Mania winner is...

((drum roll))

https://i.imgur.com/AscR7MB.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:15 pm

Bipartisan outrage over Trump's Twitter attacks on "Morning Joe" hosts
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 01:21 pm
#45 has unbelievably thin skin

another reason for politicians to come up through the ranks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 04:25 pm
I wonder how well his followers like his demand for all the information available on all the voters in the country? To be published to the general public. Your address, last four digits of your SS number, don't recall every detail. Your last four digits of SS are widely used to identify people in online transactions.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 10:22 pm
@edgarblythe,

they wouldn't like it......not even a little bit.
0 Replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 04:54 am
@tsarstepan,
@donald trump Twitter madness.
He does it to bypass liberal media. Smart!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 01:44 pm

http://i.imgur.com/PA1lmEC.jpg
0 Replies